Forgot to manual install some FOMOD mods !!

hardtroll

Question

Hi there, 

I was installing step as meticulously as I can, and now after reaching the installation of visible windows, I realize something : for all the mod who have FOMOD installation, I miss to install manually at the end and click NEXT instead of (so automatic installation after have choose the right option )!!!!!!! And sometimes for sure, the " no game data on top level " would have appear and I should have take care of this !

I am just afraid that those mod have not been installed CORRECTLY ! 

1-Is there any method to verify that it is install correctly ? (like in right panel under the "data" foler

2- Do I need to re-install just every mod with FOMOD installation !!!!

I hope I am clear enough with my bad french cheese eater accent !

Thanks

7 answers to this question

They look good. What I meant to look for is if there is a 'Data' folder structure showing in a mod instead of what you see there with 'textures', 'meshes' or 'sounds' etc.

In MO the top level of the file structure needs to be 'Data', if you missed checking that when installing a mod you will see a folder called 'Data' with subfolders somewhere in the filetree. That is a sign a mod has been messed up and needs to be fixed. Any exrta stuff like 'Readme', 'optional', 'blah-blah-blah' is fine the game engine want even see it unless the mod's plugin has specifically pointed to it.

It's when mods are replacing files that exist in the vanilla file structure that problems can happen. Any new content is not an issue.

If you have any issue, at least you are one step in front of figuring out where the problem is! You're already looking for possible issues.

Easiest way to check is to either look at the 'Filetree' tab of the 'Information' window for each suspect mod, or in the right hand pane open the 'Data' tab and check if there are any folders that look out of place.

Additionally if you install a mod that doesn't conform to the correct data structure, MO should give you an indication in the left-hand pane by greying out and providing a tooltip to inform you. Though this will probably only be for extremely bad formats.

Do you recall which mods these might be?

I think about XP32, skyfalls and skymills, SMIM, ...and some others I can't remember !!, I don't want to read all the detailed instructions to see if it is a fomod installation and then check on MO....such a waste of time ! I will try to check some ...

In the skyrim distant overhaul beta filetree I got:

-meshes

-tes5edit backup (I think I need to delete it ! I don't konw what I've done)

-texture.ini

- 4 different ESP

in SMIM:

-meshes

-optional

-textures

meta.ini

It looks ok no ?

So how exactly do you fix it? You create a Data folder when installing? Doesn't work for me.

Whenever you choose the Manual option to install, you can create new folders and then move files into or out of those folders. Also after it is installed and before you activate the Filetree tab of the Information window allows you to do more actions to adjust the folder structure.

Of course you can also do this in an explorer window which can be opened via a right-click context menu command on the installed mod listed in the left-hand pane.