Skyrim launcher problems

styrkr

Question

So at first I was trying to access the skyrim launcher so I could change my settings in game. Everytime I tried to start the skyrim launcher from MO I'd get an error message. So i tried launching skyrim directly from steam and it wasn't found (unknown error). So i validated game cache. Now I can start the launcher from MO, but I can't start the SKSE. Any help? I should also mention that when I start the SKSE it takes me to the skyrim launcher. 

Edited by styrkr

6 answers to this question

Yes it's there. But the executable only launches as SKSE if I run it as an admin. So i set it to run as admin always and now when i try to launch it from MO with it set as admin it says it needs elevation and to try to install the executable without elevation. I really don't know how to approach this. Where exactly does the skse have to be? Mines in my steam folder.

Edited by styrkr

SKSE needs to be in your base Skyrim folder. ie Steam/Steamapps/Common/Skyrim

It actually is. For some reason it doesn't start as skse but rather as skyrim launcher unless I set it to run as admin. It's a little odd, but I can get it working this way. Although MO doesn't recommend I elevate it or run it as admin through MO, so I'd appreciate it if someone could help me get the skse executable working properly.