Missing lights and too dark...

DanielCoffey

Question

I am having an issue seeing in dark dungeons despite using the Vividian Brighter Nights and Interiors and I wondered if I am getting a conflict somewhere. I noticed that in the escape from Helgen, some of the braziers are out and not emitting light - specifically the ones after the bear when you approach the exit tunnel and it was totally 100% black. Do you have any idea if one of the mods or Vividian options is turning  these light sources off?

I have verified that I am using the contents of the Brighter Nights and Interiors folder in the Vividian Install since I compared the ini file with NotePad++. I appreciate it is possible that the Vividian 6.30 install has the incorrect profile in that folder so will check that tomorrow.

Another very dark area was the Ratway - it was pitch black in there unless in the vicinity of a light source. The Bee and Barb was very dark with some ceiling sconces not emitting light at a distance either. It is as if the light is falling off too much with distance.

I have not adjusted my monitor since my last playthrough so I have a reasonable idea of what to expect.

Edited by DanielCoffey

6 answers to this question

I can verify this as well. Versions 6.25 and 6.30 of Vividian Vivid ENB are quite dark (actually veryyyy dark - probably due to manga's bloom changes (??)) despite using the brighter nights and interiors.

For the time being I am using the esps from 6.30 and the ENB files from 6.20. Not bad at all...at least I do not have the pitch black nights or dungeons.

I am having an issue seeing in dark dungeons despite using the Vividian Brighter Nights and Interiors and I wondered if I am getting a conflict somewhere. I noticed that in the escape from Helgen, some of the braziers are out and not emitting light - specifically the ones after the bear when you approach the exit tunnel and it was totally 100% black. Do you have any idea if one of the mods or Vividian options is turning  these light sources off?

I have verified that I am using the contents of the Brighter Nights and Interiors folder in the Vividian Install since I compared the ini file with NotePad++. I appreciate it is possible that the Vividian 6.30 install has the incorrect profile in that folder so will check that tomorrow.

Another very dark area was the Ratway - it was pitch black in there unless in the vicinity of a light source. The Bee and Barb was very dark with some ceiling sconces not emitting light at a distance either. It is as if the light is falling off too much with distance.

I have not adjusted my monitor since my last playthrough so I have a reasonable idea of what to expect.

I don't see any Braziers AFTER the bear... I do recall there being one there at one point though... but not now. Here is what mine looks like though as far as darkness in the Helgen intro (not overly bad, screens are a little darker than reality). Let me know when you've seen the screens so I can remove them off my dropbox. :)

Spider Room:

SpiderRoom.png

Bear Room and to the door:

BearRoom.pngAfterBear1.pngAfterBear3.pngAfterBear2.png

Thanks for the screenshots - that is exactly how I see things. I am glad it is not just me. As it stands at the moment, I cannot play the game when it is daylight in my room as the screen is simply too dark.

I will investigate to see which mod is extinguishing the braziers but will increase monitor brightness to compensate for now.

Oh, and I see the old "blue smoke" issue is back - I will let him know too.