Installing SR:LE, currently at clutter and misc and I get "error enbhost.exe process failed to start"

I get this message upon starting up skyrim, it says to run skyrim as admin, or change enbhost.exe to run as admin.

It's been a while since I've done a SR:LE install, so i'm a little rusty on what info you need to help.  Let me know if I should post load order / and my comp's specs.

Thanks!

Edited by Ojack

If you need to run ENBhost.exe as admin, (or anything else for that matter) just find it in the Skyrim folder, right click on it and use the Properties option. There should be a clickable box for 'Run as Administrator' on the Security tab.

But yes, having Steam games in the program files (x86) folder mentioned above by FreeMortal is not always a smart option, either.

Edited by Nozzer66

For me, my enbhost.exe is in:  ENB Manager\ENB Versions\0.265

the enbhost.exe and the d3d9.dll are in there

nope, you're right, copy and pasted the enbhost.exe into the skyrim data folder, changed it to "run as admin" and it works!

Thanks!

To address a few of the comments, I have win7, I recently got a new mobo and cpu, so reinstalling windows made me lose a lot of administrative permissions that I had before the reinstall.

I created a folder called "D:\SKYRIM EDIT" and it contains my DDSOPT, my ENB Manager, BOSS, BUM, TES5Edit, MO, etc etc

so that's where that is.  

So, with enbhost.exe in the skyrim data folder, am I still getting the settings set up through enbmanager, from the SR:LE guide?  or do I still have something wrong?

have you set up the ENB manager correctly? IE click on that button and set the proper Skyrim directory?

Or you can try leaving enbhost.exe where the tool puts it, but still make sure enbhost.exe is being run as an administrator.

Edited by Nozzer66

Yeah, somewhere along the way, tinkering with this file and that, I fixed the problem, enbhost.exe is no longer in the skyrim data folder, and it runs as admin in its previous location.  I did "unblock" the dll file, that may have helped, not really sure what the exact fix was!

Thanks!