Unable to create shortcut via MO

Walter_ODim

Question

15 answers to this question

I didn't solve the problem, the shortcut feature from MO is still not working for me, i just made shortcut and typed target described in the video.

Target : D:\ModOrganizer\ModOrganizer.exe "D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe"

Start in : D:\ModOrganizer

Edited by Walter_ODim

I didn't solve the problem, the shortcut feature from MO is still not working for me, i just made shortcut and typed target described in the video.

Target : D:\ModOrganizer\ModOrganizer.exe "D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe"

Start in : D:\ModOrganizer

I'm assuming your naming convention here is that there are no spaces and it isn't a quirk of the forum code to remove them. ie 'ModOrganizer' isn't actually 'Mod Organizer'?

Even so try placing double quotes around the first executable path in the 'Target' field.

"D:\ModOrganizer\ModOrganizer.exe" "D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe"

Could you provide the MO generated shortcut details as well as your hand-made one?

I have the same problem, but in my case there is a warning message. When I try to create a Desktop shortcut for SKSE from inside Mod Organizer (click on Shortcut, select Desktop from drop-down list), the following message is given in an Error window:

failed to create C:/Users/<my username>/Desktop/SKSE.lnk

Where <my username> is a placeholder for my Windows account name. My operating system is Windows 10 64-bit Home. The Desktop folder has full permissions for the current user (me). The account has administrator privileges.

if this post is considered late, I am sorry beforehand for necromancing a thread. I didn't want to create a new thread since this is already on-topic.

Edited by txapollo243