joannadivereta

Question

Every time I run FNVEdit through MO I got this message:

FNVEdit 3.0.32 EXPERIMENTAL starting session 2014-10-27 21:46:46
Using FalloutNV Data Path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\
Using ini: C:\Users\pc\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini
Using plugin list: C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\Plugins.txt
Fatal: Could not find plugin list

It seems the FNVEdit can't recognize the VFS setting MO created and instead still sticks to the default pathing.

After reinstalled FNV yesterday, was doing a F&L step by step until this issue emerged.

Following the F&L instructions, I put both the MO and FNVEdit into the FNV root folder and started the NV launcher at least once. Since the error occured, I double-

checked every step I did so far but can't find anything to blame for.

Now I'm really baffled. Any replies and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Edited by joannadivereta

13 answers to this question

You started the launcher but did you run the game? Run the launcher again and also run the game. See if that generates the plugin list.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes I did run the game and actually I tried every possible approaches( NVSE, vanilla startup, 4GB NVSE startup,etc.)

I believe the lack of default plugin list doesn't matter. If everything goes right the FNVedit should recognize the VFS plugin list the MO generates in the ...Fallout New VegasMod Organizerprofiles... folder.

Okay. I do believe that FNVEdit still needs the default games Plugins List located in C:UserspcAppDataLocalFalloutNV at least once. I don't know why but I have had a similar issue before. 

Could you humor me and go to C:UserspcAppDataLocalFalloutNV and just check if the Plugins.txt is there? Also is there a plugins list in the MOProfiles folder?

This way we can at least rule it out. 

Edited by EssArrBee

Okay. I do believe that FNVEdit still needs the default games Plugins List located in C:UserspcAppDataLocalFalloutNV at least once. I don't know why but I have had a similar issue before. 

Could you humor me and go to C:UserspcAppDataLocalFalloutNV and just check if the Plugins.txt is there? Also is there a plugins list in the MOProfiles folder?

This way we can at least rule it out. 

OK, after I ticked every box in the data files window of NV launcher, a default plugins.txt was generated. Then run the game once, exited, opened MO agian.

Now running FNVEdit through the MO the message is like this:

FNVEdit 3.0.32 EXPERIMENTAL starting session 2014-10-28 00:30:53

Using FalloutNV Data Path: E:SteamsteamappscommonFallout New VegasData

Using ini: C:UserspcDocumentsMy GamesFalloutNVFallout.ini

Using plugin list: C:UserspcAppDataLocalFalloutNVPlugins.txt

Using settings file: C:UserspcAppDataLocalFalloutNVPlugins.fnvviewsettings

Loading active plugin list: C:UserspcAppDataLocalFalloutNVPlugins.txt

The problem persists.

Also is there a plugins list in the MOProfiles folder?

Yes.

Edited by joannadivereta

If I am understanding it correctly you don't actually have a problem.

FNVEdit is 'fooled' into looking at MO's VFS to find the plugins.txt and the messages displayed inside FNVEdit (or any of the xEdit programs) say it has found it in the FalloutNV directory.

That message is saying that 'inside the VFS' the plugins.txt is in that path. Even if your real system has no such file at that location the message will still show. This is what we want.

Your second posting shows the logged output saying:

Loading active plugin list: C:UserspcAppDataLocalFalloutNVPlugins.txt

That's good, that's an indication all is well.

FNVEdit should show you all the active mods available as defined inside MO.

Can you actually load up your mods and edit them?

Are you running FNVEdit as an admin?

Yes,I did run FNVEdit as an admin.

If I am understanding it correctly you don't actually have a problem.

FNVEdit is 'fooled' into looking at MO's VFS to find the plugins.txt and the messages displayed inside FNVEdit (or any of the xEdit programs) say it has found it in the FalloutNV directory.

That message is saying that 'inside the VFS' the plugins.txt is in that path. Even if your real system has no such file at that location the message will still show. This is what we want.

Your second posting shows the logged output saying:

That's good, that's an indication all is well.

FNVEdit should show you all the active mods available as defined inside MO.

Can you actually load up your mods and edit them?

The thing is so far I have installed several mods using MO but instead of adopting the new plugings.txt and fallout.ini the MO generated, the FNVEdit still sticks to the default ones in the ...\AppData\Local\FalloutNV folder despite running it through MO.

Here are some pics, please ignore the Chinese characters ::P: (using a Microsoft Win7 64bit Chinese language version)

MO_Plugins_txt.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/4hq5coaun/

This one shows the correct plugins.txt the MO gererated. As you can see, I've installed rotfacetoriches.esp, avangraffscorned.esp and kochandbohr.esp.

Original_Plugings_txt.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/kjsoj2ajz/

This one shows the default plugings.txt in the ...\Local\FalloutNV folder. Only official DLCs activated.

FNVEdit_Error.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/ctzb5q0q7/

This one shows the message from FNVEdit when I run it through MO. Nonetheless it follows the default direction.

P.S. I can't figure out how to enlarge the pics, so the links to the pics are provided.

Edited by joannadivereta

In the executable dialog do you have anything in the 'Start in' field? That is, does the program look to the default folder because it is told to?

Also could provide us with the command that have to start FNVEdit? Any additional command switches?

Honestly it is very strange. All you have shown so far seems to indicate everything should be fine.