There are files in my actual Skyrim folder.

acindron

Question

I don't know how this happened but somehow it's true. They're hidden though. If I navigate to my skyrim folder with Windows Explorer, there's nothing. But when I went to add a master in WryeBash, it took me to my skyrim directory with ALL my mods. My mods are also in Mod Organizer's folder. How can this be?

The only things I've done today were run SMCO but I followed the instructions on the Skyrim ENB Stability Nexus page. I also made a few changes to SkyrimEditor.ini so I could load more masters in Creation Kit. What's going on?

• +1 1

6 answers to this question

ok... that is fine... 

When WB is open and you open a file explorer through WB... The file explorer can also see the VFS...

Its complicated but in short you are able to see all the files because it seems to load it correctly...

If you close WB the files should no longer be there.

its confusing but MO is doing what it should....

Someone may come around and explain it better...

Edited by hishutup

I don't know how this happened but somehow it's true. They're hidden though. If I navigate to my skyrim folder with Windows Explorer, there's nothing. But when I went to add a master in WryeBash, it took me to my skyrim directory with ALL my mods. My mods are also in Mod Organizer's folder. How can this be?The only things I've done today were run SMCO but I followed the instructions on the Skyrim ENB Stability Nexus page. I also made a few changes to SkyrimEditor.ini so I could load more masters in Creation Kit. What's going on?

Sorry to be off-topic, but would you be able to share how you were able to load more masters in Creation Kit?

Copied and pasted from the SRLE wiki:

[spoiler=Creation Kit Multiple Masters]Configure The Creation KitThe Creation Kit is a valuable tool for Skyrim as it allows users to create and/or edit mods. It can be used to fix and change things not possible with the other 3rd party tools. Similar to Skyrim, the Creation Kit does not have default ini files until it is started for the first time and requires some basic setup to work properly for the purpose of this guide.Start the Creation Kit through the Steam context menu.Once the Creation Kit is loaded, exit the program.Navigate to the Skyrim folder (where CreationKit.exe is located) and open SkyrimEditor.ini.At the bottom of the [General] section, add the line "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1".Locate the line starting with "SArchiveList=" and after Update.bsa add ", Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa".Locate the line starting with "SResourceArchiveList2=" and after Update.bsa add ", Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa".Save and close the file.These settings will remain set for each subsequent run. These settings have accomplished the following:Setup the ini files for multiple master loads and to properly load DLC content.