The type initializer for 'SevenZip.SevenZipLibraryManager' threw an exception

permidion

Question

hello

I just started using MO and im already stuck while trying to install SkyUI,

when doing an install from archive and selecting the SkyUI file,  SkyUI_4_1-3863-4-1.7z

I get the following error message:

"The type initializer for 'SevenZip.SevenZipLibraryManager' threw an exception"

and

"installation failed (errorcode 5)

I did a quick search and found a comment advicing to "downgrade NNC", but that didnt solve the problem.

Any idea whats wrong and how to solve this ?

thanks you very much

well. I find strange that the only problems I have with .NET would be exactly that peculiar piece of MO handling C# scripts, but let say I have a problem with my .NET,

is there any way to debug the error message I get to find out exactly the problem? 

Is NCC trying to unpack the archive somewhere to be able to execute the C# script? if yes, were would that be?

How many other .net applications are you running?

And why do you think that is a peculiar piece of MO? There is nothing peculiar about it.

NCC copies the file to a system-defined temporary directory (probably something like C:UsersAppDataLocalTemp but could be modified in your system) and then installs to the newly created mod directory

well for example NMM , or the nvidia config panel, use .net, there are others but I dont remember having any problem with .net with all of these.

now I may have a problem, of course, but without any more specific lead, like what folder is used to unpack the archive content in NCC, I have no way to fix it,

I already spent several hours trying to find way to check and fix .net and all the tests I have made (the ones not specific to .net 3.5 of course) show no problem

the problems was my .NET 3.5 installation, which was seemingly broken.

after repairing it, the script.cs C# script run correctly and I can install the SKYUI package correctly.

the error message, about a permissions issue, is TOTALLY misleading and had nothing to do with the problem.

I would like to thank very much everyone who answered my question and helped me solve this problem!