Don't know if it's the right place to post, but I have a feature suggestion for MO

Clouddistrictcitizen

Question

MO is awesome, but I have a suggestion which (imo) is a very useful and a logical feature. As Sourceforge forums for MO are dead and on Nexus no one would see this, I thought I'd try here.

When you open mod information, in the conflicts tab right clicking on an item will only show one option - 'hide'. Personally I also expected there to be some options from the file tree tab, such as open or delete. Installing tons of Skyrim mods recently I really needed the open button to compare which texture is better. Instead you have to remember the file path and name, go to the file tree (in both mods!) and open them there. 

I really can't see any downsides to adding these things, they would save a lot of time for some people and I hope MO developers would consider this :)

5 answers to this question

What you want is in the Data tab in the Right Pane.

What does that have to do with anything? He's saying if after installing ModB he sees it overwrites Texture.dds from ModA while looking in the conflicts tab, he wants to be able to open/view the file in question directly to see which one he wants. Finding it in the Data tab in the right pane would just show him ModB's texture.

Edited by myztikrice

What does that have to do with anything? He's saying if after installing ModB he sees it overwrites Texture.dds from ModA while looking in the conflicts tab, he wants to be able to open/view the file in question directly to see which one he wants. Finding it in the Data tab in the right pane would just show him ModB's texture.

I believe you are incorrect, using the preview option in MO's Data tab I am able to see/compare all options for a particular texture (ie. HF, HRDLC, SRO).

• +1 2

I believe you are incorrect, using the preview option in MO's Data tab I am able to see/compare all options for a particular texture (ie. HF, HRDLC, SRO).

Well I can't (or don't know how to), so I thought myztikrice was right.

edit: yeah I found it. It works pretty much as I wanted but my suggestion still stands. Much easier to open the file from conflicts than navigate the ntire path in the data explorer. 

Edited by Clouddistrictcitizen