Failure to launch Wrye Bash; different from previous reported errors

krk38

Question

After previously creating a bash patch via the usual method of launching from among the executables in MO, I added a few more mods, but now I can no longer launch Wrye Bash from Mod Organizer. The "MO is locked while the application is running" dialogue briefly appears and then MO reloads without launching WB. No error messages; nothing in the BashBugDump.log. Wrye Bash still launches independently. There are no unrecognized characters in any .ini anywhere. I've used the "convert to ANSI" method with Notepad++. I've tried disabling and even uninstalling the new mods; WB won't launch even if they're not there. I've reinstalled WB, I've reinstalled MO. I've tried different versions. I'm running as adminstrator. All other executables (LOOT, FNIS, TES5Edit, SKSE) still launch just fine. I've read a novel's worth of help and support over the past several weeks. My modding is at a standstill. If anyone has any insight into this issue I will be eternally grateful to you if you share it.

6 answers to this question

The mod organizer ini may be hosed, a reinstall of MO will not overwrite that file.

Caution the following will reset MO to as you had not run it. To be safe make a backup of ModOrganizer.ini. Close MO and rename the ini file to something else. Start MO and set up your shortcuts and try WRYE again.

Sorry I need help tying my own shoes, but how might I go about addressing this? I've deleted Bashed Patch.esp, the Bashed Patch plugin I created from the Overwrite file, and everything related to Wrye Bash as specified in the WB readme (https://tesfans.org/guides/wrye%20bash/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20General%20Readme.html#uninstall). Re-installed WB; still will not launch via MO. Are there files or directories that I'm missing? And or/ does anyone have any other ideas?