I am a bit confused about the new Mod Organizer.

Halde

Question

Hi all!

So I've just updated my Mod Organizer from 1.2.1 to 1.2.9. A couple of new features, that I have no idea what does, has been implemented. I can now see my DLC's in the left mod pane. But I don't understand the order.

For some reason, each time I open Mod Organizer, the mod list in the left pane change, so that each time, I can use another new feature where it auto sorts the order of the list. Furthermore, two new mods "Dawnguard" and "Dragonborn" has become available. I can tick these boxes(they are in the very end of the installation order) but they as well gets unticked whenever I shut down Mod Organizer. I don't even know if I should tick them, because the actual DLC is listed not too long away, about 20 priorities higher up. What does this thing do? When I open it in explorer, it seems to be the normal Dawnguard and Dragonborn folders. It has all the textures and such. This leads me to another question. If these tick-able DLC mods, and the actual non-tick-able DLC is listed so far down the list, won't they overwrite my optimized textures, which STEP says should be listed at the very beginning of the installation order? And won't they also overwrite any other texture mod that is listed in higher up on the list?

I'm so confused...

Edited by Halde

5 answers to this question

So basically, I need to manually place the DLC's at the bottom priority, and never ever again use Mod Organizer's new "Fix" feature in the "Potential Mod order problem" under "Problems"?

EDIT: I figured out what the heck the "Dawnguard" and "Dragonborn" tickables was. It was my DDSopt textures that Mod Organizer for some reason had moved to the very top of the priority.

Edited by Halde

Another problem seems to have arisen. Mod Organizer messes up my left pane list everytime I shut it down. It's like it won't accept that I changed the installation order. When I open the program, DDSopt Dragonborn and Dawnguard is at the top of the priority again, unticked.

I figured this out as well. Apparently, you should no longer name the DDSopt optimized textures the name of the DLC(as I believe the DDSopt guide suggest, and at least what I did), because then Mod Organizer will untick it, and make it top priority(which I suppose doesn't matter when it's unticked). So DDSopt optimized textures should NOT be named accordingly to their DLC. I renamed mine to "Dragonborn DDSopt" and "Dawnguard DDSopt".

Edited by Halde

Well this has only been an issue with one of the newer versions of Mod Organizer. When they implemented the whole non-MO mods. In 1.2.1 at least, this didn't happen.

Edited by Halde