MO won't Run programs Wrye, BOSS, LOOT ,AV ,

camaro_69_327

Question

Really trying here...

Ran Wrye, AV, BOSS, LOOT, DSR, SUM, For months on my own. Everything works as it should, But now am trying to learn MO and do all this from inside MO and nothing is working like it should.

BOSS never gets off the ground. tried BOSSgui and BOSS.exe Both fail in differant ways...gui=Unhandled Exception, exe = sits forever after update masterlist.

Wrye Flashes the Logo , flashes the Error (DOS box) and Closes, Both versions, Standalone and Python.

AV tries sometimes (while MO is Locked) if i close MO it runs. Stalls at running BOSS.

Cant get past this, MO version 1.1 wouldn't run anything, the window would flash and nothing. Keep going up in versions till i am now at version 1.2.7 and Still BOSS just sits their. LOOT does run from inside . 

Starting to regret trying this out. Had a massive install in Wrye, But Wanted to Try MO because of the New STEP and no updates to Wrye in ages.

ALL of these things i could run on my own outside MO. But without being able to run them from MO do i have any other options?...Can the bashed patch be copied over? 

What am i doing Wrong..is it the Version?

Stuck. and confused.

9 answers to this question

Actually i started out with that version (1.2.9) and it was doing weirdness with unticking things, so i uninstalled and went with old version...my luck.

Will try that , thanks.

Edit: is their a way to migrate from Manual installer to the  EXE installer with a full install of STEP?

IE: Installer Creates = Mod Organizer

Manual creates =   ModOrganizer 

Never mind...Changed the default name of the folder during install...worked. Duh...

Progress...

Both Versions of Wrye Bash now work.

AV works

Loot works Both from the RUN and Sort Buttons.

But BOSS Kinda works. At first BOSS would not run, I thought it may be that i have a Edited masterlist (so BOSS sorts all my plugins) and have BOSS set to not Update. I backed up my edited masterlist, and changed BOSS to update list, Running both BOSS and BOSSgui works Outside MO. with and without my edited masterlist. 

Finally after letting BOSS sit for over 15 mins it RAN. But the BOSS log is not correct. even tho i have 2.3 version it says i need to update. The log is not in HTML. it does not look like it does in Chrome when i run it from outside MO. its also not the same as when you run it as (txt). just weird formatting.

Each install of BOSS is in its game folder...running BOSS for Fallout , Fallout NV all work as intended. its just the BOSS that is IN the Skyrim Folder.

PIC

When BOSS is run from Outside MO everything is normal.

Edited by camaro_69_327

I had a probleme where MO 1.2.2 wouldn't run anything (not even Skyrim), I found out it was the bsaExtractor plugins that prevented this. So I moved  Mod OrganizerpluginsbsaExtractor.dll out of the directory to disable it. After doing that, I could launch what I wanted from MO

Edited by Archfiend

I had a probleme where MO 1.2.2 wouldn't run anything (not even Skyrim), I found out it was the bsaExtractor plugins that prevented this. So I moved  Mod OrganizerpluginsbsaExtractor.dll out of the directory to disable it. After doing that, I could launch what I wanted from MO

Eh what? That has nothing to do with running programs!

It surprised me too. But it really happened. I had the same same symptoms as OP. Clicking on "Run" would make MO blink and then nothing. Reading the log file there was a line for each time I clicked on "Run" that meant plugins prevented programs from running (I don't remember the text sorry). So I did what I explained and, miracle, I could run programs through MO.

Or I didn't understand OP and am completly H.S., in this case sorry.