Fores' New Idle, Dual Sheath Redux PAtch, Bashed Patch not appearing in Overwrite

peppergomez

Question

MO is not updating itself with the new info after I generate each of the three patches.

Instead, the files and folders from each of these three patches appear in Overwrite section only after I finish generating ALL THREE of the patches. Not helpful at all, seeing as I need to be working with each in isolation to complete the Create Mod function in Overwrite.

So, with files and folders from the three patches listed below, I was didn't want to do the "Create Mod" action for the Overwrite b/c that  would have created a combination of three mods.

MO is making this process more difficult than it need be, by not reflecting the changes I make by following the applicable numbered steps for each patch below. For example, I rebuild the bashed patch and then open MO, but there's nothing in the Overwrite section (text is still greyed out, not red) and right-clicking Overwrite doesn't give me a Create Mod option. I am running MO 1.2.9.

Anyone have any advice?

MO-relevant steps below, which I cannot complete until the files and folders are visible in the Overwrite folder

3.A.2. Create the Bashed Patch

Posted Image

Users: After closing Wrye Bash and returning to MO, the "bashed patch, 0.esp" will be located in the "Overwrite" folder. A different Bashed Patch can be created for every MO profile, so it is advised to move the Bashed Patch and its data to a separate mod folder. Simply right click the "Overwrite" folder and select 'Create Mod', then name it. Example is STEP Core Bashed Patch. You will then need to check it to enable it. Each subsequent time you rebuild the patch, you must open Overwrite and drag the new files back to this mod.

3.A.3 Fore's New Idle System (STEP Extended Only)

Users: After closing FNIS, there shall be files in Overwrite (essentially a fake mod located at the bottom of the left pane if sorted by priority ascending) created by FNIS. Right-click Overwrite and select Create Mod, name it FNIS Output and click OK. This will create a new mod listing in the left pane for the FNIS generated files. You will then need to check it to enable it. Each subsequent time you update FNIS behavior, you must open Overwrite and drag the new files back to this mod.

3.A.4. Dual Sheath Redux Patch (STEP Extended Only)

Posted Image
Users: After closing the Dual Sheath Redux Patch, there shall be files in Overwrite (essentially a fake mod located at the bottom of the left pane if sorted by priority ascending) created by DSR. Right-click Overwrite and select Create Mod, name it DSR Output and click OK. This will create a new mod listing in the left pane for the DSR patch generated files. You will then need to check it to enable it. Each subsequent time you rebuild the patch, you must open Overwrite and drag the new files back to this mod.
Edited by peppergomez

7 answers to this question

You need to do them one at a time. For now, delete everything in Overwrite.

Then run Wrye Bash and build Bashed Patch. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the Left Pane, and Right-click on the Overwrite "mod" and select Create Mod... (Do NOT double-click and open Overwrite to do this!) Name it Bashed Patch (profile name).

Then run FNIS and Update Behavior. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the Left Pane, and Right-click on the Overwrite "mod" and select Create Mod... (Do NOT double-click and open Overwrite to do this!) Name it FNIS Output.

Then run DSR and Patch. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the Left Pane, and Right-click on the Overwrite "mod" and select Create Mod... (Do NOT double-click and open Overwrite to do this!) Name it DSR Output.

See if that helps.

Thanks but I don't think I clarified the issue...

MO doesn't populate the Overwrite section with anything after I build the bashed patch. I dug around these forums and found this:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5207-mo-121-bashed-patch-and-overwrite-missing/?hl=%2Boverwrite&do=findComment&comment=85790

"DIT2: For some reason it looks like WB started putting my BP inside the Skyrim Data folder, instead of running through MO. I'm not sure exactly how this happened, as I have never ran Wrye Bash by itself - only ever through MO. By deleting the Bashed Patch inside the SkyrimData folder, it forced WB to create an entire new patch, which ended up inside the MO directory and show up in the overwrite folder. This allowed me to properly drag and drop the BP to my BP mod again. So far it seems as if the problem is solved. Thank you for your help!"

Wrye Bash  sends the bashed patch to the Skyrim>Data folder, not the MO>Mods (or Overwrite) folder, which is why the bashed patch never got detected by MO in the Overwrite (or in any other) folder.  Whether this is a bug on the part of WB or MO, or intended behavior by WB, I think it would be good to make mention of in the STEP install page. (IE "If you don't see anything in the Overwrite section after rebuilding the bashed patch, look to see if it is in the Skyrim>Data folder") Without finding that thread, I would have been unable to figure out what the problem was.

After I dragged the bashed patch into the MO>Overwrite folder (I didn't delete it, like that poster above, but instead dragged and dropped), everything else (including FNIS and DSR) worked as intended.

Do consider making a note of this in the STEP page, since I wasn't the only person who encountered this. Thanks!

Edited by peppergomez