Naked NPC - Kust

DanielCoffey

Question

I have just started a new play through and found that the vanilla NPC Kust in the Falkreath graveyard was practically naked. He was wearing an iron dagger across his hip, what looked like iron bracers but nothing else at all. Arissa didn't know where to look!

According to TES5EDIT, his Default Outfit is ArmorIronNoHelmetOutfit. That outfit contains 1 instance of LVLI ArmorIronSetNoHelmet. LVLI ArmorIronSetNoHelmet is only edited by aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp and ends up in the Bashed Patch as a result.

Vanilla Skyrim gives this list "Use All" - Iron Gauntlets, Iron Armor and Iron Boots.

AMB_ContentAddon gives it "Calculate for Each Item in Count" and a choice of ArmorIronSetNoHelmetWhite_AMB or ArmorIronSetNoHelmet_AMB

When the Bashed Patch merges the two, it keeps both the "Calculate for each Item" and the "Use All" flags and the "Calc for each Item" wins. This means that when it drew up Kust's equipment in my play through, it rolled for the Bracers and nothing else.

Do we need to add this into the Conflict Resolution so the Bashed Patch either knows what to do or isn't so confused?

Posted Image

9 answers to this question

I have just started a new play through and found that the vanilla NPC Kust in the Falkreath graveyard was practically naked. He was wearing an iron dagger across his hip, what looked like iron bracers but nothing else at all. Arissa didn't know where to look!

According to TES5EDIT, his Default Outfit is ArmorIronNoHelmetOutfit. That outfit contains 1 instance of LVLI ArmorIronSetNoHelmet. LVLI ArmorIronSetNoHelmet is only edited by aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp and ends up in the Bashed Patch as a result.

Vanilla Skyrim gives this list "Use All" - Iron Gauntlets, Iron Armor and Iron Boots.

AMB_ContentAddon gives it "Calculate for Each Item in Count" and a choice of ArmorIronSetNoHelmetWhite_AMB or ArmorIronSetNoHelmet_AMB

When the Bashed Patch merges the two, it keeps both the "Calculate for each Item" and the "Use All" flags and the "Calc for each Item" wins. This means that when it drew up Kust's equipment in my play through, it rolled for the Bracers and nothing else.

Do we need to add this into the Conflict Resolution so the Bashed Patch either knows what to do or isn't so confused?

Maybe your tags are incorrect? My AMB Content Addon has DELEV, RELEV tags manually set in Wrye Bash. These particular outfits are not in my bashed patch at all due to the tags.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bashed patches can be dangerous if you do not watch it! :)

Forgive the intrusion here, but could you clarify on this a little bit? I've been seeing similar things as what Dan reported in multiple places across Skyrim. I'm not a SR user, but as this is the only place I've seen this issue even raised, I figure it's the best place to maybe find an answer.

As best I could tell, the solution was to manually set the DELEV and RELEV tags for the aMidianBorn_ContentAddon file, which I have done, followed by rebuilding the patch. I've done this, and have seen at least one or two men still walking around in nearly nothing. Additionaly, since setting those tags, I've noted a change in how CCOR is sorting items in the blacksmithing menus as well, specifically that some of the Nordic gear is showing up under MISC (four, maybe five pieces, but still...)

If this was, indeed, how the problem SHOULD have been solved, then could I get a few ideas of how to go about finding the no doubt sneaky culprit that is depriving the locals of thier clothes? If it WASN'T the correct solution, could I get some clarification on what the solution actually is?

Interesting, as Wet and COld just added in hoods for kids modded by things like RS children. WOuldn't think that would affect this. Also, it doesn't seem limited to just the named NPCs... I've run into a few out in the wilds (a forsworn and a hunter, one male and the other female) that are doing the same.

As the the TES5Edit portion, I can barely make sence of it enough to clean mods properly when prompted by LOOT.

I'll look into this more, but as I recall, this didn't start until after I had installed Better Males (I snuck a peek at 2.2.9... so it's MOSTLY set up on those lines). Makes me wonder if that is somehow involved as well...

I've never had this problem until I started using a bashed patch. Now I have two naked NPC's (Ralof and Ulfberth). I just enable the console and "resetinventory" and they are back to normal - except Ulfberth's shoes but that's another story.

An incorrectly configured bash patch can cause problems like this, I suspect you guys may have missing tags, etc.

... and this is what I was getting at. Given that LOOT provides most bash tags, how would I even know if there were any tags missing? It isn't like there is a list on a per mod basis for me to check it against. I gathered from your earlier post that what you say is a true statement, but what, exactly, should I be looking for?

EDIT: I'm going to take another look with the official 2.2.9 lineup and the LOOT metadata changes to load order and see what happens. Who knows? Maybe this just became a moot issue.

Edited by Shadriss