MO v1.2.1 Auto-Checks All Archives As Loaded, Breaking FNV's Ability To Launch

UlithiumDragon

Question

(Considering there are FIVE threads in the Fallout support sub forum, I don't think I'm going to get much help with my post there, so I'm going to re-post it here in the hopes that I can ACTUALLY get some help...)

SO I've know for a while that if I even TOUCH one of the checkboxes under the Archives tab of MO for Fallout: NV, Fallout will cease to ever launch, and nothing short of a MO folder rollback will fix it (even if I unckeck the archive). By "not loading", I mean that the process will start up for a few seconds, then crash.

Now this wasn't an issue before I updated from 1.1.2 to 1.2.1 - all I had to do was stay the heck away from the Achives tab. But v1.2.1 seemed to decide to be clever and auto check all the boxes in the Archive folder for me, making the game unplayable. I would very much like to be able to update MO to 1.2.1 (the LOOT button is very usefull, and is even smarter than BOSS in some matters, such as where to place merged or bashed patches), but I really can't unless I can figure out what smart ass little file is checking all the archives for me, or this issue gets fixed...

Oh, and while I'm at it, does anyone know how to get MO launching FNV to show up as being played on Steam? For whatever reason, it doesn't...

1 answer to this question