A bit dark. Suggestions?

Hey all - I'm having a great time with SR:LE + Requiem and some other stuff. My installation is very stable, and I usually have pretty good framerate.

I was wondering what you would suggest to make everything a bit brighter/more visible... unless I hold a torch up to people's faces, I can sometimes hardly see them indoors, even in places like the Silver Blood Inn or Markarth Treasury House which aren't supposed to be ultra creepy.

I really like the idea of all the light coming from actual light sources but am not sure of the best approach to keeping that while making it easier to see. (Already using Immersive NPCs in the dark, which helps a lot but doesn't totally solve the problem.)

Thanks.

No idea why you have this problem, are you using vividian enb? Because I am and have no issues. If you do not want to mess with enb settings then I suggest using a travel lantern and turning up its brightness and radius up in the MCM. It'll keep the area lit around you.

Had this problem to. Checked the vividian test image from the downloaded archive and it turned out changing the gamma setting of my monitor fixed. This was even though I had calibrated it at lagom. Will spend some money soon on a better monitor.

Edited by dreadflopp

Vividian got a brighter nights and interiors version in the Special editions folder. Also make sure you do not have any Ambient occlusion set in your driver 3d settings for Skyrim, otherwise it gets really dark. The brightness slider of skyrim should also be in the middle. If you still experience too much darkness even with the brighter editions something is off. But you may have a look in the "How to customize.txt" file then concerning the lighting and brightness settings you can adjust by yourself in ENB.

@dreadflopp Thanks - I think my monitor settings are OK, but I see I can play with the fgamma settings in skyrimprefs.ini, so I'll test if a tweak makes sense.

@Mangaclub Awesome information I overlooked. I'll make sure all of that is covered. Thanks.

OK still testing but I am using brighter nights & interiors and I think things are better... Really the ish is everything needs to show up nicely in gameplay vids, so I'll see what people say. Thanks all.

@Mangaclub P.S. great job with the new ENB version... I usually have to turn off several ENB options (fog especially) because of glitches, but I didn't with this one.

if you are doing gameplay vids have a look how youtube threats your video. Usually the compression brightens up dark stuff again a bit or makes dark stuff darker. I uploaded now many vids there from vividian and every time the result was different ;)