Fresh Install

Teabag86

Question

I've been playing modded Skyrim for 6 weeks and by cooincidence have 90% of the STEP core mods already installed through NMM, and everything is running perfectly.

I've only just been introduced to STEP.

STEP looks really good but I'm not excited by the idea of deleting everything and starting again with a fresh install (as per the guide).

Will there be much benefit to me installing STEP & MO and starting from scratch?

Will I end up at pretty much the same point?

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Yeah, if you have a stable setup already, then it will be almost the same. The biggest advantage to MO is that you can create profiles and have separate installs for different playthroughs all at the same time. You don't have to redo your installation every new character you want to create.

Hey wait is that Dali?

5 Stars to you EssArrBee. It is Dali! He once gave a speech on stage and the entire time he had his right foot in a bucket of milk. Gotta love that!

Can you please tell me. Is it possible to swap over to MO and then upload all the files I already have in my data folder?

I'm happy to start using STEP but the thought of downloading EVERYTHING again is kind of offputting.

Thanks

I would uninstall NMM and delete any folders left by it, and install MO 100%.

It does not even touch your actual Skyrim folder so you don't ever have to worry about reinstalling the whole game again.

Also MO tells you everything you need to know about your mods, and any conflicts and how to fix them.

• Right-click on the game, select Delete local content, and confirm.
  • Insert the first disc into your computer.
  • Close Steam (Steam > Exit).
  • Press Windows Key + R to open Run
  • In the Run window type:

"C:Program FilesSteamSteam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
    Replace C:Program FilesSteam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.
  • Press OK.  Steam will launch and ask you to sign in if you do not have your password saved.  Your installation should continue from the disc.

Find the location of  your Nexus Manager folder and all the mods should be there just put them in a new folder before deleting NMM.
Edited by eLoCC86

Thanks eLOCC86. I purchased Skyrim Legendary directly from Steam - so no disks. That's kind of what I am trying to figure out. Do I really need to uninstall Skyrim and the DLC's and re-download?

I am also less inclined to go through the ENBoost operation again. Everything is running perfectly. So why reinstall.

Thanks for the tip on moving / copying the contents of the NMM folder - this is the info I was looking for.

I highly recommend ENBoost,

if installed properly, it will work great.

It will allow your pc to allocate more RAM to skyrim as skyrim is a 32-bit app

and cant use more than 3.1 GB of RAM

My Skyrim is using 4167MB of RAM at some points, I have 16GB so no worries,

but without ENBoost what would happen when Skyrim reached that 3.1ish GB of RAM usage...

most likley CTD.

Edited by eLoCC86