Skyproc patchers no longer working

enneract

Question

I've been unable to get any SkyProc patcher to work with the current (1.1.2) version of MO. Reproccer can't see Skyre_Main.esp, DSR can't see its esp, SUM can't see any other patchers, etc. I've tried running MO as admin, disabling windows defender (no other AV products installed), using java 6 and 8 instead of java 7, even shennanigans like pointing the patcher's 'start in' directory directly to the real skyrim data folder (That got some result, SUM could see other patchers, but the patchers themselves failed to find any ESP files). It is worth noting that I've successfully used SkyProc patchers in conjunction with MO in the past, though not since the version number was < 1.I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Edited by enneract

9 answers to this question

Please start Free Commander from MO and check the VFS. Its explained in the MO wiki section 'third party programs'. Please use and older version of FC like 2009 0.2b as the new FC XE does NOT work correctly with MO. When a program is kickstarted by MO it uses its VFS, that way you can see what skyproc patchers see with regard to the filing system. Please also read the VFS article on the MO wiki, you can find it here. Hopefully this will shed some led on your issue. I'm using MO 1.1.2 with reproccer and SUM myself. For fun, install MO fresh again (don't forget the NMM downgrade) in a new directory and check reproccer again, perhaps something went wrong with your upgrade.

Ah, I started cmd through MO, VFS looks fine. Another interesting note is that FNIS had to be installed into the base data directory, instead of through MO, in order to notice anything in the VFS.I didn't directly upgrade an in-place, working MO setup. I actually had skyrim uninstalled for quite some time, and only recently reinstalled it.Just did a fresh MO install, with only SkyRe + ReProccer. Both checked in the left pane, ran reproccer jar... and it can't see anything in the VFS, but cmd can!https://pastebin.com/kSYHH7SC

Edited by enneract

I've used cmd also in the past before I started using Free Commander. Sometimes the output of cmd is a bit strange, can't recall what aspect exactly. Tannin also recognized that. It was 2 years ago when Skyproc patchers like Automatic Variants didn't work with MO at that time. I contacted Tannin and he changed MO so it had skyproc support.

FNIS just like Skyproc patchers can be kickstarted by MO, no need to put in into /data. Skyre and FNIS don't seem to play nice on your system though. I'm officially baffled and have to put my thinking hat on. Perhaps others have some idea?

How did you add the skyproc executables? Easiest way is to go to the right pane, data tab,  select reproccer.jar, right click and select add as executable. BUT as you have used MO before you probably know this.

I think you are reaching very fast the point where it is best to contact Tannin himself, he can probably find out very quickly by looking at the log files what is going on. Haven't delved that deep into MO to interpret the log files myself.

One last thing you could try: What happens when you install older versions of MO (just try a few), does it work then?

Glad to see it solved.

As I like to understand things, can you explain why moving MO outside of the Program Files directory solved the problem. That location can give UAC issues for sure but I can't explain why cmd kickstarted by MO shows you the correct contents of the VFS but when the reproccer patcher is kickstarted  it does NOT show you the correct contents of the VFS - as in does not see your other mods. I mean both cmd and patcher are under control of MO and should see the VFS. It feels as if I'm missing something....

Glad to see it solved.

As I like to understand things, can you explain why moving MO outside of the Program Files directory solved the problem. That location can give UAC issues for sure but I can't explain why cmd kickstarted by MO shows you the correct contents of the VFS but when the reproccer patcher is kickstarted  it does NOT show you the correct contents of the VFS - as in does not see your other mods. I mean both cmd and patcher are under control of MO and should see the VFS. It feels as if I'm missing something....

I can't properly explain it, to be honest. There is something else at play in 'protecting' %programfiles% outside of UAC, and any program that does anything other than the 'normal' range of behavior tends to behave quite strangely.