Mods Auto Categorizing

Mysticpuig

Question

Here is my post on the forums on the nexus:

My Installation still seems to make mods select random categories for random mods at no specific time. Does anyone know what is making mods check random categories, any fixes? Having to constantly remove categories i didn't select on 500+ mods is insanely time consuming, and pretty irritating. That aside the mod is amazing, and it has definitely earned its endorsements. 

Endorsed.

Anyways, the problem I seem to be having is that random mods in my collection [Left Panel] Are checking categories on their own [a lot of them]. I've removed all the default categories and made my own without nexus ids, and the problem still persists. Anyone know why this is happening? I've also tried re installing, thanks for the help.

3 answers to this question

@Mysticpuig. I don't have a real solution for you but perhaps this is usefull. I had gremlins in my system a while back which caused windows to hang. I was using MO 1.1 at that time. When windows did hang most of the time starting MO after that caused that MO thought it was installed fresh and also my installation order get reset. In 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 MO at regular intervals saves the files so the are not garbled by windows (and don't cause MO problems. At that time I got into the habbit of making backs of certain files like modorganizer.ini AND the profiles directory (which contains installation order amongst other things. In case something would go wrong I  simply replaced the files by the backupped version. You could do the same. A while back Tannin showed how to create a simple batch file to which makes a copy of the modorganizer.ini file. Perhaps you can externd that one. You can find the batch file in this thread, its post #5. Btw iirc with xcopy you can copy complete directories.