STEP Extended and REGS - Issues

Malouz

Question

Well as both of you (won't tell it's bad) already know, I'm installing the REGS pack today.

As you can see in the files attached, I'm using :

- A cleaned STEP extended base

- The Companions Pack + ESF Aela + the "werewolf overhaul"

- The REGS Pack and the 3 mods recommended on top (BFT C&S / Interesting NPCs / Touring Carriage)

After 2 hours of gaming, I had these minor problems :

1) The loading time as increased dramatically, up to one or two minutes for exteriors or major Cities interiors

(I have seen a wiki recently about that but I couldn't find it again god damn it)

2) Only one loading above many became an ILS when fast travelling from Falkreath to Winterhold (waited for 6min before Alt-F4)

3) I have experienced a bug (that I suspect to be logical) with the BFT.

I've done the chat to select the destination, activating the carraige to jump'in, nothing happened because overweighted, went down, Quick-Saved, open MCM and checked "No Weight Limit". Activated the carriage again, nothing happened and instant CTD when Quick-Loading.

4)  and last but not least, I get several micro-freezing (just for a second) in open area when fast rotating on a horse (to prevent some kind of a "base-horse-jump" death without parachutes cause these damn dwemer disappear before invented them!!).

If some of you are able or in the mood or even better both of it to help me (especially with points 1) and 4)) I'll be really happy.

And it's very important for me because I'm stuck on a "paradise island" with no sea, no sex and no real fun (except Skyrim of course) because it's raiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnning for three days!!! ::D: :wacko:

loadorder.txt

skyrim.ini

skyrimprefs.ini

skse.ini

enblocal.ini

11 answers to this question

Recommended mods? D:

The mods at the top are not recommended, they're just listed as compatible

REGS has been made explicitly compatible with (but not dependent on) the following mods:

As a matter of fact, Touring Carriages and Better Fast Travel aren't even fully compatible with one another. That probably is why point 3 is happening, and maybe 2 as well, since both mods add a carriage/carriage stop to the same area in Winterhold...

As for point 1) Seeing an increase in loading times is to be expected. There's a lot more information to render for the engine. However on a system like yours it really shouldn't take long. I have an i5 2500k with HD6950 and the loading times are about 10 - 20 sec max. Are you using an SSD? With STEP Extended, with REGS and also espeically with Interestign NPCs (which is 2gb alone) there is probably about 20gb worth of data to load via the virtual directory of MO. My Mods dir with SRLE is 30GB.

2) Since the Memory Patch (which you seem to have in skse.ini are you using skse 1.7 alpha?) I have only heard of very rare occasions sine the me patch about ILS. For most people I think they have generally disappeared. Personally I never had an ILS since the patch, and I'm using SRLE + REGS atm.

3) I never actually used BFT. That's a CJ thing :) I find TC to be much more immersive, especially when you disable fast travel (via e.g. Frostfall).

4) Micro-freezing is qutie often a result of using ENBoost. Your GPU has the horsepower to brute force over most of it so that's why you probably only notice it rearely. On my system? I micro-freeze (for like 0.3 seconds) quite frequently when turning the camera in congested areas. If you're not VRAM capped at your 3gb, you could try to set enablecompression=false and/or put reservedvideomemorysizemb higher than 64 (128,256 or 512).

Hope this helps.

3) I never actually used BFT. That's a CJ thing :) I find TC to be much more immersive, especially when you disable fast travel (via e.g. Frostfall).

Hah! Since when is a carriage with a stealth field that makes all enemies ignore you while you ride it, coupled with a force field that sends anyone who has the misfortune of coming near the carriage flying off in the distance considered as immersive? ::P:

1) Yes i have and SSD too but neither Skyrim or MO on it, I'll switch them here tonight.

2) Yes I'm using SKSE 1.7

3) Ok I don't want to listen the argument between Mum and Dad ... I'll try both and keep my choice as a family secret. ;DDDD

4) And I will applied the parameters you gave me for enboost.

Thks guys.

I have already re-test without Touring Carriage, and no more ILS or bug after ... well let's says fifty travels by now. ^^

That's really weird because a lot of navmesh fixing was done by CJ2311 to make TC compatible, and both CJ and I have tested TC extensively with REGS...I think you said you only had 1 ILS. If it is reproducable with TC enabled then it is a problem, otherwise perhaps just bad luck.As for TC & BFT, I'll add a ntoe in the guide that using both mods together can potentially cause issues.

Hah! Since when is a carriage with a stealth field that makes all enemies ignore you while you ride it, coupled with a force field that sends anyone who has the misfortune of coming near the carriage flying off in the distance considered as immersive? ::P:

Compared to Fast Travelling, it's a clear winner :D

1) Yes i have and SSD too but neither Skyrim or MO on it, I'll switch them here tonight.

Using an SSD instead of your HDD might also help alleviate issue #4, so you'd best check that before messing with enboost (which can get ugly fast).

I'm experiencing Freeze now and CTD during QuickSave-QuickLoad... :___(

I checked all my inis / drivers parameters etc, and I don't find anything.

I have switch to my "STEP Extended 2.2.8 only" profile and the loading sequence is now longer than it was before. Not as much as STEP/REGS of course.

So I'm gonna play for a few hours with just STEP-Ex and verify if I don't have any problem that way. Just to be sure.

If any problem occurs, I'll switch game and files to my SSD as you told me to see if it comes from here.

Apparently, the increased loading time came from ENBoost .... O_ô

I've ran tests with and without  ENBoost on STEP Ext. 2.2.8 with SKSE1.7

Results :

Whiterun -> Dragonsreach from 14 to 34 seconds

Dragonsreach -> Whiterun from 16 to 80 seconds

Whiterun -> Joorvaskr from 9 to 17 seconds.

Is this normal?

Well I'm disgusted by now.

STEP Extended works properly but for REGS it's another story.

- CTD at random

- ILS or 2 minutes loading with ENBoost

- Freezing

I've chechked, re-checked and re-re-checked everything. Read everything.

Everything seems properly configured ... softwares / drivers / inis etc.

I've not passing through the 3GB  thou.

I have done Everything as told. But still.

I desperetly need help because I don't know what to do anymore.

It was the case.

A bit tired about looking everywhere, I have restarted "from scratch" (erased everything) on my SSD as you advised me to install the SRLE.

Following this topic : https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition#Create_The_Skyrim_Revisited_Profile

I will then put REGS in line following this link https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide AND this one https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide/Conflict_Resolution

Let's hope I don't make any "hidden in the dark far from my eyes" mistake that lead me here in the first step.

I want this game the way you play and I'll have it god dammit!! ;)