Sudden drop in framerate after playing for a while

Crimson13

Question

So after a couple of playthroughs I noticed that after a good half-hour/hour of playing I'd start to get lag. The one thing I noticed though was that it only happened outside, if I went into any interior Skyrim would go back to playing smooth. I checked via FRAPS and oddly enough it seemed like it happened in layers. My game would start and stay right around 60fps give or take, then after a half-hour/hour it would drop to 30, and then it would go to 20 shorty after. And they would generally stay within those numbers until the next drop happened and then be stable until it does the same thing again.

What stands out for me is that I started to notice a pattern in when the drops happened, I'd have the 60fps and I would enter into a building and come back out with 30fps. The same happens again and goes to 20fps. And the frame rate would only shoot down outside, inside I had 60fps. I'm not even sure if it's time based due to the 'fps fine, enter interior, exit to exterior, fps falls' way it seems to go.

Would anyone know why this is happening the way it is?

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmAemersRefuge.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmXFLMain.esmportal2mod.espBrawl Bugs CE.espDBBookBounds.espHearthFire Display Case Fix.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espADS.espAOS.espBWS.espIHSS.espImmersive Sounds - Aural Assortment.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.espAOS_ICS Patch.espCutting Room Floor.espStaticMeshImprovementMod.espStaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.espTradeBarter.espAMatterOfTime.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espKaceAutoloot.espBLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.espBring Out Your Dead.espDead Body Collision.espDragonFastTravelRedone.espDual Sheath Redux.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espImmersive Patrols Merged All.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espORM-Arvak.espPilgrimsDelight.espPoint The Way.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espWetandCold - Holidays.espDragon Soul Relinquishment.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.espNoxUE2.00.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espSkyTweak.espUIExtensions.espSkyUI.espiHUD.espArchmageRing00.espBosmerArmorMATY743.espElemental Staves.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espimp_helm_imp.espkonahrik_accoutrements.espkonahrik_accoutrements_db.espkonahrik_accoutrements_dpe.espKonahriks Privilege by Edhelsereg.espskyforgedShields.espUnique Uniques.espSmithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espHarvestOverhaul.espHarvestOverhaulCreatures.espLock Overhaul.espDeadlyDragons.espAemersRefuge-DG-DB.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espCWIDawnguardPatch.espCWIDragonbornPatch.espGildergreen Regrown.espmore plants all.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espAchieveThat.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espBook Covers Skyrim.espBook Covers Dawnguard.espBook Covers Hearthfire.espBook Covers Dragonborn.espBCS - CCOR Patch.espBounty Gold.espCivil War Overhaul.espAOS_CWO Patch.espDistant DetailHF.espFalskaarDawnguard.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.espPeacefulMudcrabs.espRealistic werewolf speed.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espEnhancedBlood-ImprovedCombatSounds.espAOS_EBT Patch.espSoul Gems Differ - E.espaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.espWeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.espHelgen Reborn.espRavenRockExpanded.espWhiterunAlivePiano.espDawnofWindhelm.espDawnofRiften.espELE-Interior Lighting.espELE DG-Interior Lighting.espELE HF-Interior Lighting.espELE DB-Interior Lighting.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espAOS_CoT 3.1 compatibility patch.espClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.espCoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.espBetter Vampires.espPredator Vision.espESFCompanions.espWerewolfMastery.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espAOS_DSI Patch.espDynamicPotions.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espDragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.espAOS_DCOd Patch.espABT - Faster Bolts Improved +50%.espABT - Faster Arrows Improved +50%.espABT - Increased Bolts Damage (Vanilla) +50%.espABT - Progressive Damage (with Nord Hero Arrow).espABT - Increased Progressive Damage (with Nord Hero Arrow) +50%.espABT - Recover +35% Arrows and Bolts.espSkill Config.espStealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espHeartBreaker.espBeards.espBrows.esp3DNPC.espXFLConfig.espXFLDialogue.espXFLPanel.espXFLPlugins.esp3DNPCEFF.espSlightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.espNonEssentialChildren.espHeight Adjusted Races - Dragonborn.espHeight Adjusted Races - Dawnguard.espHeight Adjusted Races.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espCharGen Morphs.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espethereal_elven_overhaul.espEEO Morphs.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espNo More Glowing Edges.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.espRealisticWaterTwo.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.espAOS_RWT Patch.espAtlas Blackreach.espAtlas Dawnguard.espBarenziahQuestMarkers.espJiubQuestMarkers.espAOS_ADS Patch.espAOS_WetandCold Patch.espCCO_IS-Aural Assortment Patch.espDeath Souls.espPhysicsImpactDamageFix.espBashed Patch, 0.espSUM.esp

3 answers to this question

Well first things first.

Odd issue you have there.

1. Are you using the alpha version of SKSE (with MEMPatch)?

2. What are your uGridsToLoad setting?

3. Have you tried making a new saved game to see if you can reproduce the issue there (since if you can't uit;ll mean your save is messed up because you added and took away to many mods mid playthrough)

1.Still using the 1.6.16 version of SKSE, I'm using the modified SKES.ini and SSME.

2. I haven't touched uGridToLoad, the only thing I have that's related to it is Stable uGridToLoad.

3. I haven't done that yet, when I get done with work today I'll have more time to see if it's something like that. For taking away mods the only mods I took away from my current playthrough are Enchanting Freedom (Which I replaced with No Enchantment Restrictions) and RCRN (Which I replaced with Climates of Tamriel and it's patches.).