Can someone walk me through something in TES5EDIT?

DoYouEvenModBro

Question

So obviously as we all know, STEP has switched from SoS to AOS (but has kept SoS - Dungeons). My problem is that I use ELE Interior Lighting by JawZ.

There is a patch that exists for SoS and ELE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48691/?

The problem is that this patch requires BOTH SoS - Dungeons AND SoS - Civilization. Since STEP doesn't use SoS - Civilization anymore, this patch will not work since I am only using SoS - Dungeons.

I know there is a way to fix this in TES5EDIT. I was hoping someone could walk me through it. It will help me understand how to fix problems with other mods as well. I can also start using the STEP Patch if I understand this (I am currently not using the STEP Patch because I do not use all the Mods that it contains).

Thanks. 

14 answers to this question

Well' date=' if ELE and SOS - Civ edit lots of the same records then you will probably have to delete those records from the patch one by one. It is really tedious and time consuming.[/quote']

Yup that's the only way to do it I think... YOu can only remove master dependency when the records have been cleaned from it.

Might be faster to just patch SoS dungeons :)

No you open the patch in TES5Edit and it will automatically load all it's parents. Then you go through the patch and remove any record that has a SoS - Civ column. When done with that right click the patch plugin and hit clean masters, then do again and hit sort masters.

That is the most basic way of doing it.

No you open the patch in TES5Edit and it will automatically load all it's parents. Then you go through the patch and remove any record that has a SoS - Civ column. When done with that right click the patch plugin and hit clean masters, then do again and hit sort masters.

That is the most basic way of doing it.

That doesn't sound so hard :-P