Error in MO

Jdsren

Question

Hello, I am very new to mod organizer and any help would be much appreciated. I checked under the MO thread topics and could not find this issue anywhere. I believe it is obviously related to a 64bit binary but honestly don't know what that even means. After spending ~10 hours adding all the STEP Extended mods and going over all the detailed information nicely presented for me diligently (or so I thought) I have run into a game breaking snag. I received this error after a somewhat extensive log report..." Mod Organizer does not support 64bit binaries"  I can't run skyrim through MO at all! It just shows the logo and does nothing else. Everything is fine with the game if used w/o MO.

Does this mean I can not use MO because my computer isn't capable? Is there a fix for this or should I resort back to NMM.  Could i simply delete a few mods that may require 64 bit systems? Thanks for any help.

Edit. I Unactivated the mods in question (lanterns of skyrim and lantern caretakers) and the warning went away but the game still does not start, all I get is the skyrim logo. Nothing more??? I've tried launching the game via "skyrim, skyrim launcher, and skse" to no avail. MO mentions nothing in the way of a warning or error. If I launch the game from desktop skse shortcut icon everything works fine but no mods

Any advice?

7 answers to this question

The error you are reporting has nothing to do with MO. Let me take a wild guess and assume you are using Bring Out Your Dead (BOYD) version 1.2.3 and Skyproc Unified Manager (SUM). BOYD 1.2.3 assumes you are using an unreleased beta version of unofficial skyrim patch. You can read about it on Neavalen's forum here:

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1392&page=281

If my assumption is true the fix is either to revert to BOYD 1.2.2 and rerun SUM or use TES5Edit select SUM, right click on it, and select "sort masters". Best bet, do not use BOYD 1.2.3, it is bugged.

General comment. As you are new to MO you could do worse then check out the MO wiki. It contains a lot of very useful information and in the resources tab there are 5+ videos describing MO in detail. MO version discussed is 0.12.6 I believe so its a bit older but still very useful. With regard to Skyproc Patchers (like Automatic Variants and Dual Sheath Redux) and SUM, they all use Java and need Java 7. MO only supports 32 bit progams so you have to use Java 7 32 bit. A useful tool for setting the .jar file association is jarfix. Enjoy MO and Skyrim.

I can't find anything in the rules against reviving an old thread so, here goes:

I am having the same problem but I am not using BOYD or SUM. I removed Lanterns of Skyrim and I still don't get further than the logo. I also receive an error about 64 bit binaries. I get the same error when I try to use CK. I have quite a few mods but I'm hoping that someone can help me narrow down the field of what I have to disable or delete. 

For further reference I am running a fully legal Skyrim with all DLC through Wineskin for Mac. This has worked pretty consistently in the past but after adding more mods via MO, it's not loading properly anymore. I've disabled a bunch and still no change. Please help me!