No Guided Fix

Brujah

Question

Hi chaps,

I'm getting a couple of messages coming up in Mod Organiser that I don't understand:

Mod order and location of message:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_hLJWAmHi9LU9GSWxaUVNwMlU/edit?usp=sharing

Detail of message:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_hLJWAmHi9Y2w0RzlJdXltZUE/edit?usp=sharing

All of these are already in the suggested order, so far as I can tell (and the first screenshot seems to corroborate this).

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

In MO 1.0.8 Tannin introduced the following warnings : "one will warn if esps are loaded in a different order than corresponding scripts (this should make USKP admins and users happy). The latter has an automated fix.". This was needed for USKP 2.0. For more details see the threads "Testers needed for 1.0.8" and "ESP Ordering vs. Script Ordering". In MO 1.0.8 he tried to automize the (re)ordering but it turned out this was not possible or very difficult In 1.0.9 it was disabled and the "no guide fix" was introduced. In the last thread Tannin posted the following:

It's not just looking for a script folder but it's considering all mods that contain conflicted scripts and advices to sort those in the same way the esps are.

The warning message does state that these sorting issues MAY lead to bugs not that they DO. It's an advice, not a definitive guide on what to do. I do not currently intend to make this feature more sophisticated as it serves its purpose in my opinion.

Man... my bad. Sorry for wasting your time, guys.

I was using Nexus Mod Manager before and running BOSS manually, so I did that again here but didn't realise it wouldn't do anything on MO because MO has its own version of the files and doesn't put them in the Skyrim folder. Pretty obvious in hindsight.

Ah well, cheers for the assistance anyway. :) Very interesting background info, wolverine2710. :)

your welcome.

If you want to know more about the virtual filing system (VFS) used by MO, please visit the MO wiki tab advanced, direct link here. Its explained there in detail. There are also excellent videos by bridger and deathneko11 (based on MO 0.12.6). Its discusses the basics and advanced stuff like Wrye Bash, Boss, skyproc based patchers like atutomatic varianats. Deathneko11 has told us he will be creating new videos in the next weeks based upon MO 1.0.x - if all goes well. You can find the videos in the 'resources' tab of the wiki.

To be honest, Wrye Bash (and specifically Bash Patching) scares me a little, but I understand the other ones you mentioned, at least enough to do what's required.

I can also use TES5Edit easily enough and I should imagine I can use the Creation Kit, unless it's very different to the old Morrowind and Oblivion Construction Kits, which I used pretty extensively back in the day. :)