Quick Question (probably obvious) :)

Scarus

Question

Hi,

I'm using DDsopt for the first time. I'm using the guide, I've run the "2_Pre-Optimization.bat" batch file.

however, i only have the following folders created:

Vanilla Normal Maps

Vanilla Optimized

Vanilla Textures

Vanilla Uncompressed Normal Maps

Have I done something wrong? the guide reffers to other folders, such as "Vanilla Ordinary Textures", and "Vanilla Uncompressed Textures". which i don't have. I'm a little stumped. There is so much information that I'm kinda overwhelmed at this point. Your assistance would be really appreciated :)

thanks

4 answers to this question

If you posted a little sooner I'd have proper time to answer. If you haven't gotten a reply by morning then I'll comb through the guide and get you one but I've got to catch some shut eye.

Off the top of my head and on so little sleep I'll venture a guess and say that you did everything right but either the guide hasn't been updated for every little detail or Kelmych changed the names recently.

Based on the folders you have I'd say do what the guide says for the following

Use the settings for Vanilla Ordinary Textures ----> Vanilla Textures

Use the settings for Vanilla Uncompressed Textures ----> Vanilla Uncompressed Normal Maps

I need to have a look at the guide again anyways by Tuesday afternoon if I'm going to start working on my video.

kk, I appreciate your quick response. I'll wait for your reply. :)

Additionally, in the little side box, the guide says this:

VRAM>2 Gb : Use the Very High or High Quality settings from the figures below for the Vanilla textures.

As suggested above, using reduced resolution normal maps, especially with exterior textures, is recommended for performance improvement.

"Reduced resolution normal maps" - is this referring to figures V2, H2, and S2?

should I use the high or lower options (H2, S2) if I wanted to go ahead with the above recommendation? I have a super PC, (x2 GTX 780 3gb) and I'm using the "Very high Quality ordinary textures" option.

Sorry if this is too brain-bending for you to answer now, no rush. :P

Hi,

I'm using DDsopt for the first time. I'm using the guide, I've run the "2_Pre-Optimization.bat" batch file.

however, i only have the following folders created:

Vanilla Normal Maps

Vanilla Optimized

Vanilla Textures

Vanilla Uncompressed Normal Maps

Have I done something wrong? the guide reffers to other folders, such as "Vanilla Ordinary Textures", and "Vanilla Uncompressed Textures". which i don't have. I'm a little stumped. There is so much information that I'm kinda overwhelmed at this point. Your assistance would be really appreciated :)

thanks

You're running an older version of the batch files. The newer version, available on the DDSopt guide, made a few small changes for clarity. "Vanilla Textures" was renamed since it could be interpreted as all of the textures, and the uncompressed tint/tone maps were added to the folder with Uncompressed textures so the name was changed (it isn't just normal maps). With vanilla textures the uncompressed tint/tone maps end up getting the same optimization treatment before and after the change, but with the (related) batch files that sort the uncompressed tint/tone maps with STEP mods this would not have been true and we wanted to have consistency with how the different texture types were sorted prior to optimization.

You can continue if you want as these batch file changes don't actually affect the results with vanilla textures after optimization.