Need help find what texture is messed up please

EisDrache

Question

Hello its been a while since I have been here since I have just recovered from a serious Computer/hardware melt down. Now that I have my new computer up and running and installed SR. And I accidentally DDSopt'ed all the DDS files in the mods folder. I know stupid. I thought meh I will try and use all the Opt'ed files to see what happens. And again another stupid thing I forgot to backup anything. I think because I was so excited to get back to playing/modding skyrim since I haven't played it in almost a year. And now when I run the game my female character's body (also does the same with male character's) is now showing up all white/blueish color. The head is fine but everything below the neck is like that. I use CBBE ensted of UNP. This only shows on my character and not on any of the NPC's. I have replaced the CBBE body textures with the original un opt'ed ones and it is still showing up the same. Anybody know what file/files I should replace with the original cuz i'm at a loss.

Yes i use CBBE and the mature skin texture mod. I have replaced the files for both mods and its still not showing the skin texture and loading all white. See i'm not sure if its the actual texture or the normals. Heres a few pics of the mods i have installed and running

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Picture or it did not happen!

It is odd if it is only on you that it happens, since only the hands texture in 1st person is unique to the player. The rest are shared.

Does it also happen without armor on etc ? Need a bit more detail.

Good to know.... but damn that is odd!

Actually now that you mention it then I do recall there was an issue about that in the racemenu nexus thread WAY back.

But strange since Racemenu does not have the textures and they are normally loaded after. Guess it is a script gone crazy and the link between the player and the texture path is messed up.

I'm thinking it's probably something to do with the rate event overlays. Coz the add on for overlays contains the textures but the actual overlay part of the mod is included I am the main mod.

What I'm thinking is, there must be an invisible texture overlaying the character. When you add a tattoo it replaces the clear overlay with the tattoo overlay, but ddsopting the clear one results in a broken texture.... Hence the purple bodies but head are ok.

Does that make any sense?

It would be easy to test, I just can't be bothered to do it

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just incase someone has this problem. I have discovered that if I start the game with the launcher the bodies of the Player character are normal, but I get a message that SKSE is not running. If I start the game with SKSE then the bodies are like in the pics of the previous post.

This doesn't make sense to me but might mean something to you gurus, I hope!

I am sure it is because of the tint masks used for tattos etc. Since they require a SKSE edit in order to function at full resolution.

Also the only textures that affect only the player, and is in some way connected to SKSE.

I checked the textures that are in the tintmask folder but there only head files. What mod would have the bodies of the Player character in it ? Do you have any idea?