Mods not being "remembered"

dem1an

Question

What's a weekend without a little Skyrim troubleshooting.  I know there is only so much you can do without knowing everything I have loaded.  Here is the symptoms.  I first tried loading a save and my toon was bald and sitting in Riverwood.  I started a new game and everything was hunky dory.  I tried to reload that game and the same thing happened.  I was bald and all my mcm mods were trying to reload, SOS, etc.  It's like my game isn't remembering any loaded mods.  Did I blow something up that you can point your finger at with that info alone?  I've tried re-sorting with BOSS and re-patching SUM. Thanks.  I appreciate you guys.  

10 answers to this question

Well... if you turned some mods off or added new ones to an existing and possibly older save that already had some mods taken from it screwy things like that can happen. That's why it's always recommended to make a new character when you add or remove mods. Inconvenient as all get out I know but... the only other solution is don't add any other mods or if using Mod Organizer make a profile for that character so you can make a new character for the new mods. Updates to existing mods are generally ok but you should follow any special steps the mod author posts on their page about updating from an existing version.

But, I tried a new character, phazer11. I know stuff gets screwey, but even with a new character, once I save and then reload, all the mods have to be reloaded and all the items from mods are gone from my inventory.

I'll try to backtrack.

WilliamImm, I can understand that and I understand the number of combinations would be extensive.

I need to look into how to merge them. I just haven't gotten farther than the merged patches that Wrye Bash does automatically for me.