Absolute desperation...

Callinator

Question

Hello,

i'm from Germany so excuse my English. I found your STEP in the Internet and i loved it. I started immediatly and downloaded the mod organizer and the first 40 mods in the right order. Now 2 days later and many many failures later i'm at the end of my tether.

So here is my Problem:

After installing the mods with MO  the BOSS tool did not recognize any of my Plug- ins installed and i had the feeling that not all mods were working. So i uninstalled all mods and i tried to reinstalled them by using the RAR archives, but now the MO can'T install them. 

So i have to say that the STEP guide is unfortunatly to difficult for me or rather not detailed enough (sorry!). So my question is :  Is there any version of the Step guide, that is easier to understand for noobs like me and really is step by step ?

Greetings,

Carl

With MO you need to add the executable for BOSS because MO uses a virtual directory. If you run BOSS normally then it will not recognize all the mods you have, so you must run it through MO. To add BOSS simply click the button on the top right with two gears, then type BOSS for the name, for the binary navigate to the BOSS executable (where ever you installed BOSS), and then run BOSS from MO.

Okay and how do i install all the mods i downloaded trough MO again? Unfortunately i can not click install again , because uninstalled MO and now i only have the RAR archives.

MO can not install those RAR archives i get an error and a tip to drag and drop. I dont know what that means.

Yeah just click them, and sometimes the files that require SKSE does not detect it, but you can install it anyways. MO uses a virtual directory and sometimes cannot detect everything in your Skyrim folder, but it all works out after you get used it.

Or you can just cancel the install and then try again but name the files something else, for Book of Silence you could do something like BoS - Weapons, BoS - Armors.... you get the point. Then if Cabal updates only one of the files you just need to replace that file.