Gonna shoot my computer

dem1an

Question

So I'm fighting the Arch-Curate Vyrthur (first play-through this quest) and he blows up the building and Serana says are you alright I know we can do this, but everything is white. I can see a little bit, but hardly at all. I'm like Paul when he's confronted by God.  I'm now thinking my issue with Night Vision is not just with Night Vision.  Could there be some bug in one my mods that blinds me?  I need to try Night Vision without any ENB.  Thoughts?

I tried to coc riverwood and it's white when i get there too. Even reloading doesn't helpl. Load screens are fine. This isn't a hardware issue.

6 answers to this question

Open your enbeffects.fx file in notepad and search for "applygamecolourcorrection" or very similar entry. Input "//" in front of it to fix the nightvision. Your enb preset will look differently, but that's the trade-off for being able to use night vision.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

For any ENB related bugs you can simply disable it ingame via the GUI for the duration and then enable it afterwards.

Also as rootsrat says... if you are using an ENB preset which does not have APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION enabled in the enbeffect.fx file, then it will take some work to make night vision etc. look proper.

There are a few ways to get around it, but it requires that you are comfortable with HLSL and make a few edits in the enbeffect.fx file.

Some ENB presets make Nightvision useless without some tweaks. Which are you using?

I've tried a few.  It doesn't seem to be the ENB.  I really like Bleak, Far Off and a new one I just tried, Epic Natural.  I've been using the new 0.195.  Again, it's just outside. That's what bugs me.

Odd. I loaded up a game prior and removed the ENB and everything still goes all white. That's odd. I don't think it's ENB related. Gonna have to look at my mods. I have no clue tho. I removed the only lighting mod I use.

The night vision/predator vision is definitely enb related. just gotta figure out the Curate bug now.

I get past the stage where he blows up the building with setstage commands. Hence I can't see squat, even with no ENB loaded. The scene just won't progress.

Dang, I even coc'ed to Riverwood before the nuke went off and i was blinded even in riverwood.

Ugh, this is no longer fun. May try again from the beginning of the quest and if not just shelve Skryim.