a few esp's crash Skyrim

voridian

Question

hey, sorry to post another one so soon but I'm very new to modding Skyrim. after enabling the esp's i found that Skyrim would crash to desktop just after the Bethesda logo and after a lot of trial and error i found the esp's that are causing it:

BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp

Disease Descriptions_RND Compatible.esp

DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp

DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeopleEEOPatch.esp

any help would be appreciated, but i might just have to live with it.

8 answers to this question

Crashing to desktop-- you probably have missing masters. Those ESPs you listed are patch ESPs that serve as compatibility patches for two or more mods, and need you to have both mods installed. Do you have ALL the mods needed installed? Are you using BOSS? What messages is BOSS giving you?

Crashing to desktop-- you probably have missing masters. Those ESPs you listed are patch ESPs that serve as compatibility patches for two or more mods and need you to have both mods installed. Do you have ALL the mods needed installed? Are you using BOSS? What messages is BOSS giving you?

ah that might explain it. i dont have Better Quest Objectives, Diverse Priests or The Choice Is Yours installed. i have boss installed but i have no idea what it does or how to use it but when i open it it does some CMD stuff and opens a new tab in firefox with a bunch of ticks on the first page and this under SKSE Plugins,:

• SKSE Version: 0.1.6.16
  • ConSkrybe.dll Version: 4.0.6.405

and this under recognized plugins:

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp

thanks for the reply btw :)

The basic thing to remember when installing mods: read all readmes in full, make sure you know what version of a mod you're installing, check for stated conflicts with other mods if applicable (e.g. if you're going to install RLO, make sure you don't have something like ELnFX active as well) and then only use patches you need.