Even Better Quest objectives only install only optional ESP

nubkratos

Question

Hi,

I have installed Even Better Quest Objectives with the installer from Mod organizer according to this note :

The installer will automatically detect which DLCs you have, and will automatically select the necessary DLC patches. Select the optional "Dark Brotherhood Forever to Miscellaneous Quests" file, and the compatibility patches for Non-Essential Children with Inventory Tweaks, The Choice is Yours, and The Paarthurnax Dilemma in the installer. 

Posted Image

But after installation the folder only contains the 4 optionals ESP files .

BOSS says:

"

• BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp Active

• Error: BetterQuestObjectives.esp is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if this file is active without Even Better Quest Objectives
"

"

• BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp Active

• Error: BetterQuestObjectives.esp is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if this file is active without Requiem
"

Thank's for help

6 answers to this question

Yeah, I got the same thing so either the instructions are wrong or the installer isn't accurate (I used the Wizard in WB and always delete the Fomod directory will I repackage my mods). One of these two things needs to be fixed because all I was doing was following the instructions too. I simply left those to ESPs unactivated.

@WilliamImm,

Can you update the instructions on the wiki page to be more clear on this matter as I'm sure the mod isn't the issue?

could someone be more clear on how to load this mod using MO? How do you NOT use the fomod installer? I hit manual. Then I get errors. when I try to load. do i 'repack', pull out the fomod directory and then create my own 'data directory' and put everything under that? do i set the wrye bash instasll directory to be the same as the mod directory for mod organizer? an d then install this to the mod orgnaizer directory with wrye bash. 

This is very confusing and vague. 

these instructions are not clear.

to anyone else who cant figure this out. go to tools -> installers tab and then 'uncheck' prefer integrated fomod installer. the install.

recheck when done.

i think it would be a good idea to add this to the main STEP guide.