BSA extraction Mod Organizer

celroid

Question

I didn't know what to do so I selected NO when prompted to extract BSA files and selected the box to remember my choice.

Then I noticed this.

To achieve the best results, “Loose files†(non-BSA) versions of mods should be used. If a "loose files" version is not available, extract the BSA as described here.

How can I change it back now?

11 answers to this question

Having loose files instead of BSA helped me in hiding Unnoficial Skyrim patch scripts that was conflicting with other mods scripts ' date=' not like before when attempting this while having the bsa it gave me an error message :O[/quote']

In regard to the unofficial patches, when using MO it's actually smarter to have the priority of the patches set as low as possible.  You want any mods that are meant to override the patch scripts have a higher priority so that the patch won't "break" the mod.

For example, when I first installed MO I installed Requiem overhaul before the unofficial patches.  Since Requiem had priority set to 1 and the Unofficial Skyrim Patch was set to priority 5, the patch vampire scripts were conflicting over Requiem's vampire scripts.  Instead of hiding the script files, I just set the unofficial patches to be 1,2,3,4 so that any mod I install afterwards will function correctly without the patches breaking them.

I also saw the recommendation that loose files are preferred over BSAs. I was wondering though, if you extract all the BSAs, then am I right in thinking you don't need the .esp files to call on the corresponding BSA? If that is the case, how can BOSS organize my load order? BOSS organizes the plug-ins, but if they are not being used then isn't it useless? I'm thoroughly confused :S

I would appreciate if anyone can answer this, I'm relatively new and feeling quite lost!