Amazing Pencil Drawing

stoppingby4now

I was admiring artwork by a lot of folks while traveling Youtube (watching time lapse videos), and I become extremely fascinated with some very amazing pencil drawings. There are a lot of very talented artists out there, but thought I'd share a few.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLOKeHrPLis

[video=youtube]

These are very good. I recognise one technique they're using that can be very effective, and makes drawings really stand out from others. They're using graphite pencils in combination with charcoal pencils. The charcoal gives you the really deep blacks that you can't get with graphite, and the high contrast looks amazing. You can see this used to best effect on those Lady Gaga drawings.

I drew when I was a kid using reference images, and I got pretty good at it with mainly cartoons and stuff that didn't have a lot of shadows (or I forgo the shadows). I took some classes while in elementary and was introduced to depth and shadows then. The teachers husband was one of those amazing drawers and did a lot of work with pencil. Since the class was after school, he would sometimes come and sit at her desk and draw with a normal #2 pencil. I think I had one of those moments like tech after seeing his work...what am I doing? I'll never be that good! haha.

But, I didn't continue to work on drawing and ended up becoming a techie instead.