Weird Main Menu

phazer11

Question

Alright so I've been in contact with Neovalen and he's been helping me (alot) and is probably quite tired of my questions. I'm playing Skyrim completely vanilla no DLC's (I had to choose between buying three SSDs for a shoot me dead low price and upgrading my laptop (which is what has the most VRAM now sadly) or buying the DLC's. Anyways I've followed the guide except for the dawnguard or Dragonborn TESVEdits. I've finished everything per the guide and made a bashed patch. When I go to the main menu the menu options are there and usable but the skyrim emblem is not there let alone spinning (I"ve tried disabling all f the load screen and main menu mods which didn't help. The navigation through the menu is also messed up. When I go to start a new game I get a black screen with the compass health and stamina bars and nothing else. Elys works I'm able to alt-f4 out.

Also I figure the menu navigation is caused by Elys how do I reset the navigation buttons back to default instead of e for enter and w and s for up and down?

7 answers to this question

I've never seen it before either and am quite lost as to how to fix it. It did after all take a fairly long time to get everything edited (very carefully) as you no doubt know from all the back in forth... I'm about to submit my BOSS log and a 7zip archive of screenshots. Anyways I went back through the edits two times (line by line with the editor open here and my tablet to read the instructions) before even attempting to start a new game.

Here is the archive containing my BOSSlog and screenshots of my ModOrganizer Installation as well as the main menu (as well as me accessing the one available: new game) and the weird empty HUD I see when I start new game.

https://www.mediafire.com/?x56b7dc8syfwl5b

Isn't this one something like an accidentally deleted data/interface/Translate_ENGLISH.txt from the vanilla Skyrim folder? It's easily done by mistake when "clearing out" old installations. Steam's check for missing/corrupt files should fix it for you.

I will try that however I did a fresh install of the game before following the guide.

Edit: Nope that wasn't the problem the integrity check passed except for the update which I will replace and vanilla loaded just fine through steam launcher.

Ok I fixed the main menu I updated my SUM (which seemed to be out of date according to the archive I found in my mods folder) and am now able to get to the character creation menu (from alternate start). Do I need to keep FNIS in my load order anymore? Having those extra spells and all is annoying.

Also what is the best alternative to Deadly Dragons (it requires Dawnguard) I seem to recall Mighty Dragons being about the same.

Ok I fixed the main menu I updated my SUM (which seemed to be out of date according to the archive I found in my mods folder) and am now able to get to the character creation menu (from alternate start). Do I need to keep FNIS in my load order anymore? Having those extra spells and all is annoying.

Also what is the best alternative to Deadly Dragons (it requires Dawnguard) I seem to recall Mighty Dragons being about the same.

Just to check by spells do you mean FNIS spells? If so you didn't need to install those you just needed the main FNIS behaviour file. FNIS otherwise is not in your load order.

:)