Looking Over Wall In Whiterun - Farms, Windmill, Walls, Terrain Gone...

mooit

Question

Hi,

Here you can see the giant campfire, the castle in the distance, and the tower on the left. On my setups in past without DynDOLOD, I can't see the castle at 11:00 oclock in the distance. I'm just posting this screenshot, to show objects are rendering far out in the distance.

dVQe7UJ.jpg

Here's a screen shot outside the interior of Whiterun on the mountain side, you can see the farms, walls, windmill and terrain is rendered.

dVQei5x.jpg

Now inside Whiterun looking over the wall in the same area.

dVQkHdJ.jpg

dVQkIe4.jpg

I know that inside Whiterun is a different Worldspace/Cell then outside, and I've setup xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD correctly from the STEP guide and my INI files are set up from the Step Guide too.

So I don't get why these objects aren't visible inside Whiterun looking over the wall, when the Castle in the distance, in the first screen shot is visible, and it's ever further away.

I recently have been switching over my setup for Parallax and I'm using Atlantean Landscape -Complete- Complex Terrain Parallax

I don't know if Parallax could have anything to do with this rendering issue like this...

Here's all the Parallax mods on my setup...

dVQLJ7S.jpg

Edited by mooit

4 answers to this question

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies 
The vanilla game deliberately omits references in the child worldspace outside the walls to lessen resource usage. It can make for barren views when peaking over the walls.
DynDOLOD can make copies of references which have been added to a child worldspace only to the parent worldspace and vice versa to ensure better visual continuity.
The Parent > child option copies references that have LOD from the parent worldspace to the child worldspaces.
Generation Settings
To globally enable or disable copying of references from parent worldspaces to child worldspaces, use the Parent > child checkbox in the advanced mode settings. See below how to enable or disable copying of references to specific child worldspaces individually.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Parent-gt-Child
The Parent > child option copies references that have LOD from the parent worldspace to the child worldspaces. See Child/Parent Worldspace Copies for more.

Posted (edited)

Hi sheson,

Ahhh I wasn't paying attention to that option, my bad.

I thought my setup was messed up.

THANKS and it's greatly appreciated all you are doing!

Keep up the great work!

P.S. It works, but the High setting really hits hard on the ole GPU jacking it up... I later went back and put it on Low and the GPU was fine and it looked great!

Edited by mooit