Following STEP guide v2.2.0, Riften LOD is jank

Hello, I've been following the step guide up the point where it requires me to boot the game back up to check performance, Step 21 Post Processing. I ran around the world and eventually command prompt & also, once after, manually ran to Riften. The details immediately turned blocky and iron armor textures were absent. Is this a part of the guide that gets fixed later or perhaps I skipped a step? Just need some advice. Thank you.

20240719095915_1.jpg

3 hours ago, KnowChillx said:

Hello, I've been following the step guide up the point where it requires me to boot the game back up to check performance, Step 21 Post Processing. I ran around the world and eventually command prompt & also, once after, manually ran to Riften. The details immediately turned blocky and iron armor textures were absent. Is this a part of the guide that gets fixed later or perhaps I skipped a step? Just need some advice. Thank you.

20240719095915_1.jpg

The armor and landscape issues are two different things. This is not LOD either.

Are you running the STep SkyrimSE 2.2.0 build without any deviations?

Did you start a new game to test?

If so, what ASLAL option did you use? I've had funky texture glitching when using the Tundra Homestead start. It's probably best to choose a start that places you into an interior cell.

First, try starting a new game in Breezehome (or the Riften equivalent), then go to Riften again to see what's up.

Also be sure you only enabled the CL Terrain mod when generating terrain LOD and then immediately disable that mod forevermore afterward (before DynDOLOD).

If you still have issues, use MIC to get the needed info for the armors (base/reference FormIDs, textures, etc). Then you can use that info to investigate further.