STEP guide support

Hi, i am kinda new to the modding world, i always did some minor modding, usually ending with a bad build and an almost unplayable game. I am trying to give a shot following this guide. I followed every step until the Extenders section. Tried to run the game and it started but i got to download all the creation stuff...again....i did that when the guide told me to, so i don't really know what happened now. I ran LOOT again to see if there was some dirty plugins since it download everything again and yes there are dirty plugins again. Now my question is should i clean my plugins again? also should i verify the file after that? Doens't that change everything again like SKSE64 files and more? 

Also I am getting an error about SSE Engine FIxes, it says that the installed version(6.2.0) is not the newest since the new release is the (6.1.1) but i am playing on Skyrim AE(1.6.1170) so i downloaded the required version. 

2 hours ago, Reick said:

Hi, i am kinda new to the modding world, i always did some minor modding, usually ending with a bad build and an almost unplayable game. I am trying to give a shot following this guide. I followed every step until the Extenders section. Tried to run the game and it started but i got to download all the creation stuff...again....i did that when the guide told me to, so i don't really know what happened now. I ran LOOT again to see if there was some dirty plugins since it download everything again and yes there are dirty plugins again. Now my question is should i clean my plugins again? also should i verify the file after that? Doens't that change everything again like SKSE64 files and more? 

Also I am getting an error about SSE Engine FIxes, it says that the installed version(6.2.0) is not the newest since the new release is the (6.1.1) but i am playing on Skyrim AE(1.6.1170) so i downloaded the required version. 

When you validate the game files via Steam, the game automatically sets the following in SkyrimPrefs.ini:

[General]
bFreebiesSeen=0

This tells the game to present the CC content 'Download' prompt the next time the game is launched. If you do so, then all the CC content will be re-downloaded into the game Data folder with overwrite. ALSO, if you do so, the game automatically sets:

[General]
bFreebiesSeen=1

This tells the game NOT to present the CC content 'Download' option on the next launch.

If bFreebiesSeen=0 when the game is launched from MO AND the Cleaned Vanilla Masters mod is active, then the cleaned files will be deleted from the mod and re-downloaded again into the game folder (not the mod).

Repeat the cleaning procedure on each mod that needs it, and once all 44 of the cleaned vanilla masters is in the Cleaned Vanilla Masters folder, back up those cleaned masters into an archive or make a copy of them elsewhere. Then simply restore that content to the Cleaned Vanilla Masters mod if the situation arises again (or watch that INI setting before launching the game ... OR disable the Cleaned Vanilla Masters mod when you verify the integrity of game files and subsequently launch the game.

I'm still working out the simplest instructions to avoid this issue, so it's a WIP.

As far as SSE Engine Fixes, I have no clue what's going on there, but you should be running Part 1 v6.2 with the tweaks as instructed in the Step mod instructions.