Blue Palace Terrace lod question

MisterMorden

Question

Hi Sheson, no logs here to provide ATM so I didn't want to disrupt the the 3.0 Alpha thread.  I use a retex of BPT but I think because BPT contains it's own lod meshes with different texture paths the palace and adjacent BPT-added structures look different to the rest of Solitude, which does use the texgen-generated textures.  I was planning on using a mesh rule to address it but there are several meshes that make up the palace and I was wondering if there might be an easier way without creating new lod meshes.  I am using the latest 3.0 alpha version of dyndolod and resources for SE.

Apologies if this in in the wrong place, thanks for your time.

PS - I forgot to say that the distant lod of the palace is what doesn't match (as seen from Katla's Farm). Once closer to the arch, the full model loads in and then the texture matches.

Edited by MisterMorden

2 answers to this question

16 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

Hi Sheson, no logs here to provide ATM so I didn't want to disrupt the the 3.0 Alpha thread.  I use a retex of BPT but I think because BPT contains it's own lod meshes with different texture paths the palace and adjacent BPT-added structures look different to the rest of Solitude, which does use the texgen-generated textures.  I was planning on using a mesh rule to address it but there are several meshes that make up the palace and I was wondering if there might be an easier way without creating new lod meshes.  I am using the latest 3.0 alpha version of dyndolod and resources for SE.

Apologies if this in in the wrong place, thanks for your time.

PS - I forgot to say that the distant lod of the palace is what doesn't match (as seen from Katla's Farm). Once closer to the arch, the full model loads in and then the texture matches.

Without logs/screenshot/ form ID  I have not checked the mod so the answer is generic:

Rules can not change what textures a LOD model uses. The only way to change it with rules is to use full models for LOD. Use/create an approbriate LOD model. That could mean to use the vanilla or LOD model from DynDOLOD Resources. Or create a TexGen config file or create a special model for TexGen to render updated texture for the existing LOD model. What option is quickest or best depends on the actual case.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sheson said:

Without logs/screenshot/ form ID  I have not checked the mod so the answer is generic:

Rules can not change what textures a LOD model uses. The only way to change it with rules is to use full models for LOD. Use/create an approbriate LOD model. That could mean to use the vanilla or LOD model from DynDOLOD Resources. Or create a TexGen config file or create a special model for TexGen to render updated texture for the existing LOD model. What option is quickest or best depends on the actual case.

I appreciate even a generic answer, thank you!  I was actually thinking of using a rule to show the full model as lod since these are only used once (similar to the Azure statue  replacer example)...not an ideal scenario I realize, however I spoke with Drengin and he is making a new version of the mod with vanilla file paths for textures so I could wait for that I suppose.  Thank you again for the info.