Solitude Lighthouse light has distinct white glow

dnmt

Question

Never seen this before but console is telling me DynDOLOD.esp was the last mod to change this light source. Any idea on what I can look at to find the issue? It looks like this both from a distance as an LOD model and up close. Thank you!

SkyrimSE 2024-02-09 23-03-04.png

13 answers to this question

5 hours ago, dnmt said:

So this resolved the issue from up close, but the large glow still remains from a distance when I see the LOD of the lighthouse fire. I found the moveable static record in the DynDOLOD.esm and made a patch for it where I flagged it as deleted, but still showing up.

That's the dynamic LOD of the glow object, created by DynDOLOD. Edit DynDOLOD.esp and remove the reference shown in the last console screenshot. Don't flag anything as Deleted. Completely remove the REFR record from the plugin.

5 hours ago, dnmt said:

Is it possible to just find a way to adjust the mesh instead of disabling all this in xEdit? It seems like some other things refer to the static and a mesh change is always simpler.

You could try hiding the NIF mesh file (/meshes/effects/FXSolitudeLightHouseGlow.nif) in your mod manager but that's not really possible in this case as it's stored in the vanilla BSAs. Or you can try to overwrite it with a loose copy, edited to remove the effect.

25 minutes ago, dnmt said:

Never seen this before but console is telling me DynDOLOD.esp was the last mod to change this light source. Any idea on what I can look at to find the issue? It looks like this both from a distance as an LOD model and up close. Thank you!

SkyrimSE 2024-02-09 23-03-04.png

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs wich DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to provide useful screenshots with more informative console.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Glow-LOD#Load-Rules-For-FXGlow and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Glow-LOD#Fake-Lights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dnmt said:

Thanks. I don't think I checked off any fake light options when generating DynDOLOD, and this is the only light that has this that I've seen in 60+ hours.

Regular log attached, debug log is here: https://ufile.io/3dpc4ino

Thank you.

SkyrimSE 2024-02-10 10-34-17.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.25 MB · 0 downloads

The Screenshot shows the glow is being added by the Unofficial Skyrim Modders Patch.esp. It has the Is Full LOD flag set, which means it also shows in the LOD area. DynDOLOD merely converts it to dynamic LOD.

42 minutes ago, sheson said:

The Screenshot shows the glow is being added by the Unofficial Skyrim Modders Patch.esp. It has the Is Full LOD flag set, which means it also shows in the LOD area. DynDOLOD merely converts it to dynamic LOD.

Thank you. Is there any way to change this in xEdit? Preferably without re-running DynDOLOD?

45 minutes ago, dnmt said:

Thank you. Is there any way to change this in xEdit? Preferably without re-running DynDOLOD?

In the game, after opening console and clicking it like you did for the screenshot, type disable.

For a more permanent solutuon, you can the overwrite in DynDOLOD.esp and set the Initially Disabled flag and/or set the XESP Enable Parent to Opposite 0x14 Player.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

In the game, after opening console and clicking it like you did for the screenshot, type disable.

For a more permanent solutuon, you can the overwrite in DynDOLOD.esp and set the Initially Disabled flag and/or set the XESP Enable Parent to Opposite 0x14 Player.

Thanks. Would this suffice? It looks like it already had the initially disabled flag, but maybe you mean the other flags?

EDIT - This did not work - I think it's the wrong record. Will keep looking.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 180705.jpg

Edited by dnmt

Alright, sort of at a loss. What I have in xEdit looks like it should do the trick, but it's not disabling it in game (or when I try to disable in-game via console either). I disabled both FXSolitudeLightHouseGlow statics too.

image.thumb.png.2656793304a29959cf793b2159bb554b.png

SkyrimSE 2024-02-10 18-43-51.png

51 minutes ago, dnmt said:

Alright, sort of at a loss. What I have in xEdit looks like it should do the trick, but it's not disabling it in game (or when I try to disable in-game via console either).

The FXSolitudeLightHouseGlow reference has an Enable Parent (not shown in your xEdit screenshots because they clip the bottom of the records, but shown in the console screenshots). You can't directly enable/disable a reference that has an Enable Parent - that's by design and why your attempts in xEdit or in-game via the console don't work.

Solution: In xEdit, either remove the 'XESP - Enable Parent' field of the reference, or change it to Opposite of PlayerRef (ID 00000014).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

The FXSolitudeLightHouseGlow reference has an Enable Parent (not shown in your xEdit screenshots because they clip the bottom of the records, but shown in the console screenshots). You can't directly enable/disable a reference that has an Enable Parent - that's by design and why your attempts in xEdit or in-game via the console don't work.

Solution: In xEdit, either remove the 'XESP - Enable Parent' field of the reference, or change it to Opposite of PlayerRef (ID 00000014).

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

So this resolved the issue from up close, but the large glow still remains from a distance when I see the LOD of the lighthouse fire. I found the moveable static record in the DynDOLOD.esm and made a patch for it where I flagged it as deleted, but still showing up. Is it possible to just find a way to adjust the mesh instead of disabling all this in xEdit? It seems like some other things refer to the static and a mesh change is always simpler. 

SkyrimSE 2024-02-10 22-59-16.png

Edited by dnmt

7 hours ago, dnmt said:

Thanks. Would this suffice? It looks like it already had the initially disabled flag, but maybe you mean the other flags?

EDIT - This did not work - I think it's the wrong record. Will keep looking.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 180705.jpg

Also disable the record in console, to change the status in the current save. Also add an XESP enable parent opposite to the player.

The dynamic LOD reference xx0B2EB2 in DynDOLOD.esp should get the enable status from record xx014CA7 and not enable if its disabled.
You can just use xEdit to remove the reference from DynDOLOD.esp to make sure it is gone.

You do not need to make a patch file. In particular do not make patch files for DynDOLOD plugins. Make any changes in the DynDOLOD.esp.

You could also remove the reference xx014CA7 from both DynDOLOD.esp and Unofficial Skyrim Modders Patch.esp.