Which texture is this?

mishmash

Question

So, finally getting near the end of installing STEP, got up to the end of K and hop in only to find this:

Posted Image

Imagine my delight. Anyone have an idea what the fire rocky textures are called and where they can be found? Which mod?

I was hoping I could overwrite it rather than have to start again. I had a look through what I thought may be likely candidates in DDSopt but I'm not too savvy in such matters.

9 answers to this question

One of SMIM's recent updates fixes that object. Make sure you're using the latest version of that as well as the SMIM compatible update to Ultimate HD Fire Effects (installed after SMIM)

You little beauty! :)

So if I go through WB and uninstall all the other higher (i.e. installed after) mods conflicting with SMIM, replace it, then install them again in order all should be cool right?

You don't even need to do that. Grab the new SMIM, place it correctly in the load order, uninstall the old one, and install the new one; WB should figure out the rest. Just to make sure it was done correctly you can right-click the header bar and select "Anneal all" afterwards.

WB. Still there if I reload. This is the only texture like this in the game! I've been and checked the forges in Riverwood, Riften and Windhelm amd they are all fine. WTF.

I did a clean install to try and get rid of this, it makes me feel like this: 

Posted Image

The only other thing I could thing off was some error when I optimised the textures but how come the iron in the other forges is ok?