DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

3 hours ago, sheson said:

BTO files are NIF files and can be opened with NifSkope.

If you tell TexGen to generate textures in the BC7 format, then you need to use a DDS plugin that can read BC7 format. Otherwise set TexGen to use DXT1 for 3 channel and DXT5 for 4 channel (if just for a test).

The most important thing to check is if the base records have large enough object bounds so that all (most) grasses have billboards generated.

If you check the TexGen debug yourself, you will see a lot of lines like
Ignoring Meshes\landscape\grass\*.nif bounds volume 0, height 0 Seasonal Landscapes.esp ...

Those should be fixed with the CK recalc bounds function, so that billboards are generated for them automatically.

okay, great, I can work with that. Thanks again

4 hours ago, sheson said:

If you tell TexGen to generate textures in the BC7 format, then you need to use a DDS plugin that can read BC7 format. Otherwise set TexGen to use DXT1 for 3 channel and DXT5 for 4 channel (if just for a test).

The most important thing to check is if the base records have large enough object bounds so that all (most) grasses have billboards generated.

Ignoring Meshes\landscape\grass\*.nif bounds volume 0, height 0 Seasonal Landscapes.esp ...

Those should be fixed with the CK recalc bounds function, so that billboards are generated for them automatically.

Im sorry, I forgot to ask, once that is fixed, should I re-run the NGIO grass cache or should I just pick up at running the TexGen again?

7 hours ago, blyad said:

Your program makes my computer turn off.

What makes a computer turn off is a hardware, BIOS setting or OS/driver problem.

5 hours ago, Vadnais said:

Im sorry, I forgot to ask, once that is fixed, should I re-run the NGIO grass cache or should I just pick up at running the TexGen again?

Objects bounds have no affect on grass placements AFAIK, so there should be no need to update the grass cache.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:30 PM, sheson said:

There seems to be an issue with usvfs_x64.dll from MO2. That's related to the virtual file system.

Update MO2 to the recent version.

thanks for the troubleshoot. i've ran it again once so far so good it's working. 

I'm installing seasons of skyrim togewther with turn of the seasons now.

As we speak im running xlodgen.

But next up is dyndolod.

Should i regenerate the occlusion as well here?

I havent added any mods other then the seasons of skyrim and turn of the seasons.

So, i think i dont have to regenerate occlusion, but better to be safe then sorry to ask here, to know it for certain.

Thanks in advance!

18 hours ago, sheson said:

For this, there is the perferct paint program called paint.net

You can get it at getpaint dot net.

It automatically can open all sorts of dds, bc7, bc5, etc, etc.

This is for me the program to go, as i find it much more easier and lightweight compared to gimp

12 hours ago, sheson said:

What makes a computer turn off is a hardware, BIOS setting or OS/driver problem.

This happens after I updated to newest version of 3.0. Before everything went smoothly without any BS.
`Texconv error C0000005` isn't listed in any index of yours about errors. Any information I found online relates to VCRedists not being updated, but that unfortunately isn't the case.
There was also something about MO2, but even after removing it nothing changes.
I'm rendering LOD on my new SSD with way more free space than it should take, so it also isn't a problem.

9 hours ago, maramsp said:

I'm installing seasons of skyrim togewther with turn of the seasons now.

As we speak im running xlodgen.

But next up is dyndolod.

Should i regenerate the occlusion as well here?

I havent added any mods other then the seasons of skyrim and turn of the seasons.

So, i think i dont have to regenerate occlusion, but better to be safe then sorry to ask here, to know it for certain.

Thanks in advance!

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data

LOD Occlusion data hide LOD that is hidden behind terrain LOD. If object LOD changes, occlusion may need to be updated.
The occlusion plugin (like the DynDOLOD plugins) is created by copying worldspace and cell records from the plugins in the load order. If any of those records changes it may be necessary to update.

If the change is just season swap data, then worldspace and cell records do not change and we can assume the object LOD height is about the same, so most lily occlusion does not need to be updated.

7 hours ago, Vadnais said:

https://ufile.io/g7d47aod

I got it working! Thanks a ton for your help. Using the Recalc Bounds function is what did it.

Great. Enjoy.

4 hours ago, bigbogdan98 said:

Decided to try out DynDOLOD 3 after a fresh reinstall of the game and got this error ? What should i do ?

Desktop Screenshot 2022.07.07 - 18.14.21.98.png

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload.

Do not post screenshots of text or message. Use the link "Copy message to clipboard" and paste the text instead as explained in the first post.

Remove special characters from the installation path, for example the #.

3 hours ago, blyad said:

This happens after I updated to newest version of 3.0. Before everything went smoothly without any BS.
`Texconv error C0000005` isn't listed in any index of yours about errors. Any information I found online relates to VCRedists not being updated, but that unfortunately isn't the case.
There was also something about MO2, but even after removing it nothing changes.
I'm rendering LOD on my new SSD with way more free space than it should take, so it also isn't a problem.

If a computer turns off, reboots, has a BSOD etc., then there is a hardware, BIOS setting, OS or driver problem.

If there is a log, debug log, bugreport.txt then upload them as explained at the first post. If there is an error message, event log entry copy and paste its text.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data

LOD Occlusion data hide LOD that is hidden behind terrain LOD. If object LOD changes, occlusion may need to be updated.
The occlusion plugin (like the DynDOLOD plugins) is created by copying worldspace and cell records from the plugins in the load order. If any of those records changes it may be necessary to update.

If the change is just season swap data, then worldspace and cell records do not change and we can assume the object LOD height is about the same, so most lily occlusion does not need to be updated.

Thank you sheson!

But i find it quite strange that for running xlodgen, texgen and dyndolod now with seasons, that xlodgen by far takes the longest to run.
Xlodgen ran for 3 hours before completing, and while selecting only spr, aut, sum and wtr in dyndolod, even with occlusion enabled, just only took 54 minutes.

So, can you verify that this is normal, cause normally it was dyndolod which takes the longest.

Thanks in advance again!

31 minutes ago, maramsp said:

Thank you sheson!

But i find it quite strange that for running xlodgen, texgen and dyndolod now with seasons, that xlodgen by far takes the longest to run.
Xlodgen ran for 3 hours before completing, and while selecting only spr, aut, sum and wtr in dyndolod, even with occlusion enabled, just only took 54 minutes.

So, can you verify that this is normal, cause normally it was dyndolod which takes the longest.

Thanks in advance again!

The tools need the time they need based on user settings and load order.  Use BC7 quick instead of BC7 max.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

If a computer turns off, reboots, has a BSOD etc., then there is a hardware, BIOS setting, OS or driver problem.

If there is a log, debug log, bugreport.txt then upload them as explained at the first post. If there is an error message, event log entry copy and paste its text.

Turns out your software is really great way to stress test CPU, It was because of temps.
I left it for some time alone, without watching YT or anything, and it passed.

pic while rendering LOD

I also think it damaged my RAM

cpu temps.png