DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

50 minutes ago, Frenchy said:

Hello,

I'm encountering this error when generating billboards with texgen. The last billboard file mentioned by the log is dlc1treepineshortheavysnow01_trunk. I know that it means that a path is not found but I manualy checked all the path given by the log and all of them definitely exist. What is surprising is that dlc1treepineshortheavysnow01_trunk dds files are correctly generated in the output folder but billboards generation stops because of this error. Does somebody have a clue ?

Moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.
If there is a message prompt, use the "Copy this message to clipboard" link in order to paste the entire message.
If there is a message prompt, click onto the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" if it exists to open a webpage with explanations and help for the message, e.g. see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texconv

Check answers to similar posts https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=80070003

Hi. I wanted to try out the new DynDOLOD 3 ALPHA and test it out. I installed everything properly and followed the instructions but for some reason it does not want to launch either TexGenx64 or DynDOLODx64 through MO2. I tried launching them without the use of MO2 and it works fine, but for whatever reason, they won't launch with MO2 and it doesn't give me any error message or any indication on what's wrong other than just not launching and closing instantly. I don't know if this is a bug, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Also a side note, I did a clean install before and tried to install DynDOLOD again, but the problem still persists.

I finally solved the problem myself, but I post here in case somebody has the same problem.

As I am french, I was using special characters (é) in the name of a directoriy. Removing them (and also spaces just in case) resolved the issue.

Thank you for answering, sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your work. Keep it up !

54 minutes ago, facebutt92 said:

Hi. I wanted to try out the new DynDOLOD 3 ALPHA and test it out. I installed everything properly and followed the instructions but for some reason it does not want to launch either TexGenx64 or DynDOLODx64 through MO2. I tried launching them without the use of MO2 and it works fine, but for whatever reason, they won't launch with MO2 and it doesn't give me any error message or any indication on what's wrong other than just not launching and closing instantly. I don't know if this is a bug, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Also a side note, I did a clean install before and tried to install DynDOLOD again, but the problem still persists.

No concrete information was provided. 

If something works without MO2 and does't work with MO2, then the problem is with MO2. I can not provide support for MO2.

Update MO2 to the latest version. Check the MO2 logs. Use MO2 support/forum/comments/discord for help with MO2 problems.

Hi Sheson, just a quick stupid question.. I have a tree model that appears in the 3d lod but disappear approaching it near in the cell. 

What am I missing? It means the hybrid model is there but the full is not?

2 hours ago, manguz said:

Hi Sheson, just a quick stupid question.. I have a tree model that appears in the 3d lod but disappear approaching it near in the cell. 

What am I missing? It means the hybrid model is there but the full is not?

It means LOD was generated for a different load order or the full model NIF is invisible for whatever reason.

I am literally at my wit's end. I've never had trouble running DynDOLOD before, whether it is the old version or 3.0. For some reason, it has started to fail completely almost every time with no error message generated. The window for both Texgen.exe or Dyndolod.exe simply closes with no warning, with Mod Organizer still displaying that texconvx64.exe is still running (Task Manger also shows several instances of conhost.exe running). However, Texgen or Dyndolod closes on its own.

Sometimes Texgen will be able to get through without crashing, but DynDOLOD almost always crashes. After trying a bunch of things to get it to work, I got Dyndolod to work yesterday once after setting it to run as admin, but I tried to run it again (changing nothing) and it went back to crashing. 

Things I've tried with no change or success:

• Adding all associated applications (Texgen, texconv, dyndolod, lodgen) as exceptions to Virus Protection
  • Disabling virus protection entirely
  • Running the apps as admin
  • Both custom and automatic page file
  • Lowering DynDOLOD settings. It happens no matter what settings I use
  • Using DynDOLOD on a completely vanilla mod setup. No mods installed except DynDOLOD and requirements. The same problem persists.
  • Adding TextureCache=10 to Dyndolod_SSE.ini as suggested on the FAQ
  • Tweaking MaxLODGen setting to lower numbers (even 1)

Sometimes it generates logs, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to depend on when it decides to crash. However, it almost always crashes around the time that it begins to create LODs, but sometimes it will also just crash when simply reading the load order (spitting out warnings). 

1 hour ago, Anathena said:

I am literally at my wit's end. I've never had trouble running DynDOLOD before, whether it is the old version or 3.0. For some reason, it has started to fail completely almost every time with no error message generated. The window for both Texgen.exe or Dyndolod.exe simply closes with no warning, with Mod Organizer still displaying that texconvx64.exe is still running (Task Manger also shows several instances of conhost.exe running). However, Texgen or Dyndolod closes on its own.

Sometimes Texgen will be able to get through without crashing, but DynDOLOD almost always crashes. After trying a bunch of things to get it to work, I got Dyndolod to work yesterday once after setting it to run as admin, but I tried to run it again (changing nothing) and it went back to crashing. 

Things I've tried with no change or success:

• Adding all associated applications (Texgen, texconv, dyndolod, lodgen) as exceptions to Virus Protection
  • Disabling virus protection entirely
  • Running the apps as admin
  • Both custom and automatic page file
  • Lowering DynDOLOD settings. It happens no matter what settings I use
  • Using DynDOLOD on a completely vanilla mod setup. No mods installed except DynDOLOD and requirements. The same problem persists.
  • Adding TextureCache=10 to Dyndolod_SSE.ini as suggested on the FAQ
  • Tweaking MaxLODGen setting to lower numbers (even 1)

Sometimes it generates logs, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to depend on when it decides to crash. However, it almost always crashes around the time that it begins to create LODs, but sometimes it will also just crash when simply reading the load order (spitting out warnings). 

Moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. See the first post.

If it (sometimes) generates logs, then upload them as explained in the first post.
If there is no bugreport.txt either, check the Windows Event log to check what is actually crashing outside of the tool or why the OS is terminating it.
TexGen/DynDOLOD is NOT closing on its own if it doesn't write any log files.

Based on other posts in this thread, update MO2.

55 minutes ago, sheson said:

Moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. See the first post.

If it (sometimes) generates logs, then upload them as explained in the first post.
If there is no bugreport.txt either, check the Windows Event log to check what is actually crashing outside of the tool or why the OS is terminating it.
TexGen/DynDOLOD is NOT closing on its own if it doesn't write any log files.

Based on other posts in this thread, update MO2.

Hey Sheson, thank  you for the help!

I updated MO2, the problem persists. Windows Event Log gives the following two Exception codes: 0xc000001d, 0xc0000005 as responsible for crashes at different instances (sometimes the former, sometimes the latter). For code 0xc000001d, it also  states the following:

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Taking Your Firstborn because of this error.

Program: Taking Your Firstborn
File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

51 minutes ago, Anathena said:

Hey Sheson, thank  you for the help!

I updated MO2, the problem persists. Windows Event Log gives the following two Exception codes: 0xc000001d, 0xc0000005 as responsible for crashes at different instances (sometimes the former, sometimes the latter). For code 0xc000001d, it also  states the following:

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Taking Your Firstborn because of this error.

Program: Taking Your Firstborn
File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

The message seems self explanatory. There seems to be a problem with the involved file system(s).

Could be powersavings related,.

I'm having some trouble getting grass LODs to show up in-game. I'm running Seasons of Skyrim, and according to them I can get grass LOD's for the seasons, but I have to force each season in the .ini and run NGIO on a ver. 1.5 of the game. Which I did, and renamed all the cache files appropriately (SUM, SPR, etc). However, after running DynDOLOD for my AE version of the game, they aren't showing up for me. I don't know if i've done something wrong or if I have something set incorrectly or not, could I have messed up something with the cache generation itself? I tried to follow the guides on settings but I feel like i've missed something here. Here are some links showing an example of my issue and what settings i've been using. Thanks for your help.
1198825366_DynDoLODsettings.thumb.JPG.2492ac6ac2d789883ed9d77bed752c85.JPG1479167241_SkyrimLODissue1.thumb.jpg.49bee57aed9dac70280521a224777c5d.jpg

36 minutes ago, Vadnais said:

I'm having some trouble getting grass LODs to show up in-game. I'm running Seasons of Skyrim, and according to them I can get grass LOD's for the seasons, but I have to force each season in the .ini and run NGIO on a ver. 1.5 of the game. Which I did, and renamed all the cache files appropriately (SUM, SPR, etc). However, after running DynDOLOD for my AE version of the game, they aren't showing up for me. I don't know if i've done something wrong or if I have something set incorrectly or not, could I have messed up something with the cache generation itself? I tried to follow the guides on settings but I feel like i've missed something here. Here are some links showing an example of my issue and what settings i've been using. Thanks for your help.
1198825366_DynDoLODsettings.thumb.JPG.2492ac6ac2d789883ed9d77bed752c85.JPG1479167241_SkyrimLODissue1.thumb.jpg.49bee57aed9dac70280521a224777c5d.jpg

Read the first post which TexGen and DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Search for similar posts to find corresponding answers for the same problem / grass mods.

Refer to the source of the constantly updated instructions at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons#Grass-and-Grass-LOD instead on posts repeating them.

Go through the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

Test all seasons in game when troubleshooting.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which TexGen and DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Search for similar posts to find corresponding answers for the same problem / grass mods.

Refer to the source of the constantly updated instructions at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons#Grass-and-Grass-LOD instead on posts repeating them.

Go through the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

Right, sorry here are the logs:

https://ufile.io/rg1yj7aw
https://ufile.io/hfeswek5
https://ufile.io/cfn0i35u
https://ufile.io/cglokoua

The only things I haven't been able to do are check the files themselves as recommended in your guide. I can't find a good source on opening the .bto files that doesn't cost money and GIMP keeps telling me it can't open dds files even when i try the plugins I find on the net. I think im just gonna deal with not having the grass LOD's as much as I want them. I can't seem to find any other posts that have the same issue i'm having, either here or outside in places like Reddit. Thank you for your time anyway, I really appreciate you taking the time to do all of this for the community. I'm really new to diving this deep into modding Skyrim and i've been beating my head against the wall for a week doing it so I think I may need to just step away for a bit and actually play the game lol.

2 hours ago, Vadnais said:

The only things I haven't been able to do are check the files themselves as recommended in your guide. I can't find a good source on opening the .bto files that doesn't cost money and GIMP keeps telling me it can't open dds files even when i try the plugins I find on the net. I think im just gonna deal with not having the grass LOD's as much as I want them. I can't seem to find any other posts that have the same issue i'm having, either here or outside in places like Reddit. Thank you for your time anyway, I really appreciate you taking the time to do all of this for the community. I'm really new to diving this deep into modding Skyrim and i've been beating my head against the wall for a week doing it so I think I may need to just step away for a bit and actually play the game lol.

BTO files are NIF files and can be opened with NifSkope.

If you tell TexGen to generate textures in the BC7 format, then you need to use a DDS plugin that can read BC7 format. Otherwise set TexGen to use DXT1 for 3 channel and DXT5 for 4 channel (if just for a test).

The most important thing to check is if the base records have large enough object bounds so that all (most) grasses have billboards generated.

If you check the TexGen debug yourself, you will see a lot of lines like
Ignoring Meshes\landscape\grass\*.nif bounds volume 0, height 0 Seasonal Landscapes.esp ...

Those should be fixed with the CK recalc bounds function, so that billboards are generated for them automatically.