Water wheels at lumber mills disappeared/ missing

teadude

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, teadude said:

i know. the "keep" option fixed the issue and the water wheel is visible from far and close. the default generation settings show the bug. i have tested these on 2 individual fresh saves. here is a video of the bug on the default settings of dyndolod.

This looks like an object distance setting fading in/out the waterwheel. Something similar to what is explained in ../DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html "Glow LOD" or one of these https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Skyrim_INI/LOD

DynDOLOD enables/disable objects when crossing cell borders. It does typically not work with tcl as it uses trigger boxes. Check the enable/disabled status of the reference in the more informative console information when it is visible / not visible.

If it also shows "Is Enabled: Yes" for the reference while it is not visible, then it was not DynDOLOD that made the waterwheel disappear.

37 minutes ago, sheson said:

Define 2 meters. It seems a bit exaggerated.

Read answers for FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models in ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt

i will record and upload a video. it is less than 2 meters and more so, if i walk up to it, it appears, but as soon as i back away, it disappears/fades away like an object would. ive checked my mods to see if anything replaces the water wheel with dyndolod disabled but it looks like its from skyrim. once i have reran this round of dyndolod i will show you

34 minutes ago, teadude said:

i will record and upload a video. it is less than 2 meters and more so, if i walk up to it, it appears, but as soon as i back away, it disappears/fades away like an object would. ive checked my mods to see if anything replaces the water wheel with dyndolod disabled but it looks like its from skyrim. once i have reran this round of dyndolod i will show you

Read answers for FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models in ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt

Follow their suggestions.

51 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read answers for FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models in ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt

Follow their suggestions.

i am now rerunning dyndolod. i am generating one output with the water wheel lod in the advanced option set to "keep" and i have one generated with no settings altered (this one has the disappearing bug). i will try both on new saves. i am running an alternate start mod so i will be in an interior. i will let you know what happens.

36 minutes ago, teadude said:

i am now rerunning dyndolod. i am generating one output with the water wheel lod in the advanced option set to "keep" and i have one generated with no settings altered (this one has the disappearing bug). i will try both on new saves. i am running an alternate start mod so i will be in an interior. i will let you know what happens.

Why are you changing mesh mask rules that are known to work as desired for over half a decade? IIRC there is no such suggestion in the FAQ answers.

52 minutes ago, sheson said:

Why are you changing mesh mask rules that are known to work as desired for over half a decade? IIRC there is no such suggestion in the FAQ answers.

i know. the "keep" option fixed the issue and the water wheel is visible from far and close. the default generation settings show the bug. i have tested these on 2 individual fresh saves. here is a video of the bug on the default settings of dyndolod.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

This looks like an object distance setting fading in/out the waterwheel. Something similar to what is explained in ../DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html "Glow LOD" or one of these https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Skyrim_INI/LOD

DynDOLOD enables/disable objects when crossing cell borders. It does typically not work with tcl as it uses trigger boxes. Check the enable/disabled status of the reference in the more informative console information when it is visible / not visible.

If it also shows "Is Enabled: Yes" for the reference while it is not visible, then it was not DynDOLOD that made the waterwheel disappear.

ok. i will test this tomorrow and keep updated. thank u.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

it seems that it stays enabled when it disappears. how do i know what mod or setting is making it disappear? since it only disappears if dyndolod esm and esp is enabled, which is weird. which ini setting should  i look out  for?

6 hours ago, sheson said:

ok it is all good and fixed. i just reset all my inis and also i disabled the LOD option in shadowboost but im not sure if that did it or not because i did not test but the wheels seem to be appearing. must be something ****y in my inis. thank you and sorry for inconveniance