Dawnguard and Hearthfire ESMs reported missing by WB

Farlo

Question

As the title suggests, both Dawnguard.esm and Hearthfires.esm are reported missing by WB every time I start it.  I'm not sure why this is happening since they're both in the archive and in the Data folder (and they are the same file).  Annealing both mods fixes the problem for that session, but a more permanent solution would be appreciated.  Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Perhaps it might be affected by using a TES5Edit-cleaned version of these mods; when you initially setup WB you likely had the original versions. It shouldn't complain since I thought it recreated any checksums it might use for the modlist when you startup and during periodic rechecks (but not for the installation packages). Based on your description it sounds like there is a package in the installation tab that expects files with these names. I don't have an installation package that expects any of the vanilla esm files; these esm files are just in the data directory.

Just checked, and the ESM in my Data folder and the archive have the same checksum, although isn't this expected since WB takes the ESM from the archive and puts it in the Data folder? I guess I should have mentioned that I've put the ESMs in the WB archive as well. Oh well, I'll just manually put them in the Data folder and forget about it.

Just checked and the ESM in my Data folder and the archive have the same checksum, although isn't this expected since WB takes the ESM from the archive and puts it in the Data folder? I guess I should have mentioned that I've put the ESMs in the WB archive as well. Oh well, I'll just manually put them in the Data folder and forget about it.

have you enabled "override skips" for this package?

Just checked and the ESM in my Data folder and the archive have the same checksum, although isn't this expected since WB takes the ESM from the archive and puts it in the Data folder? I guess I should have mentioned that I've put the ESMs in the WB archive as well. Oh well, I'll just manually put them in the Data folder and forget about it.

have you enabled "override skips" for this package?

Yeah, that's the only way I could even get WB to install the files.