xEdit - Options - Theme

z929669

Question

Is there an INI that I can use to set dark mode in the DynDOLOD interface? This is how I have xEdit, and xLODGen seems to use that, but DynDOLOD doesn't..  I have forgotten where xEdit keeps this and the file format, but is there a way for DynDOLOD?

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

Is there an INI that I can use to set dark mode in the DynDOLOD interface? This is how I have xEdit, and xLODGen seems to use that, but DynDOLOD doesn't..  I have forgotten where xEdit keeps this and the file format, but is there a way for DynDOLOD?

Copy the Themes folder from xEdit into the DynDLOD folder.

While no Options Window is active (e.g. while loading plugins or checking the log afterwards), click on the icon top left and select a theme.

I can not promise all themes work properly though, especially with pop-up message windows.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Copy the Themes folder from xEdit into the DynDLOD folder.

While no Options Window is active (e.g. while loading plugins or checking the log afterwards), click on the icon top left and select a theme.

I can not promise all themes work properly though, especially with pop-up message windows.

Thanks, that worked. It's a bit broken in that many themes don't show in the list, you can't scroll, and the one you click doesn't necessarily get picked, but it works after some trial and error.

I chose Amakrits:

image.png

image.png

I found where xLODGen stores the UI settings: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.sseviewsettings. Strangely, xEdit does not have a Themes folder. Only xLODGen did. Both use whichever theme I choose though. Only DynDOLOD and TexGen don't seem to read from this location. Incedentally, these don't share this info either (had to set each independently).

Where do DynDOLOD and TexGen each store the chosen settings? They seem to do so, since they each 'remember' chosen options.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Thanks, that worked. It's a bit broken in that many themes don't show in the list, you can't scroll, and the one you click doesn't necessarily get picked, but it works after some trial and error.

I chose Amakrits:

image.png

image.png

I found where xLODGen stores the UI settings: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.sseviewsettings. Strangely, xEdit does not have a Themes folder. Only xLODGen did. Both use whichever theme I choose though. Only DynDOLOD and TexGen don't seem to read from this location. Incedentally, these don't share this info either (had to set each independently).

Where do DynDOLOD and TexGen each store the chosen settings? They seem to do so, since they each 'remember' chosen options.

The themes are part of xEdit 4.1.x Experimental.

Just remove the files of the themes you do not need to shorten the list.

The theme selection is all xEdit code. It should scroll down if you hover at the bottom.

Check/test themes and their selection in xEdit 4.1.x and report problems to xEdit github or discord.

TexGen/DynDOLOD store their settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\[TexGen|DynDOLOD].ini

• Thanks 1