Bounty raising due leaving houses

DaTraS

Question

Hello Guys,

after completing the STEP Guide and playing nicely for some time, I came across a bug which is really annoying and I can't seem to find a solution - or rather identify the colprit.

When I'm leaving a house like belethors in whiterun, it happens that the camera is making a huge step forward (while leaving) creating a sound like broken glass and then my bounty rises by 1 or 2 golds.

Than the guards come to say that I stole something. If I pay the gold back (1 or 2) that everythings fine.

Is a mod recommend by STEP the fault? Someone experienced this too?

Thx for help in advance.

MFG

DaTraS

8 answers to this question

Which mods would you suggest to begin with?

I have only the mods recommended by STEP.

Also should I clean the save everytime I disabled a mod?

I'd start with the Gameplay section and work your way back, although I guess it doesn't really matter, I have no idea what might be causing it. 

You shouldn't need to clean the save every time, but if you're concerned about that then start a new game without any mods and enable some until the issue returns.  Live Another Life helps a lot with this since it'll let you skip the whole Helgen bit.

When posting for support, please including the following:

System Specs - Including model and clock rate of the CPU and GPU, whether you use an HDD or SSD, and screen resolution

Graphics driver version and settings

Skyrim launcher settings

!!!!!!! STEP version and any additional mods used !!!!!!!!

Texture/quality resolution options - "highest available", "only 1k", etc

Installation method - Wrye Bash, Mod Organizer, NMM, or manual

I know there are mods out there allowing you to leave houses through windows. I guess you've used one of those.

I had a hunch that was the problem. You should report this to the mod author and check to see if anyone else has had the same problem. I've been using the mod for a while without issue however, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you.