BSA question regarding extraction

V3teran

Question

Hello all.

Quick question.

When using mod organiser to install the step mods sometimes it says "This file has a BSA do you want to extract it? If you dont know about BSA's then click NO"

Do i extract the BSA by selecting yes or not by selecting NO?

Thanks

12 answers to this question

You dont understand the question?

I cant make it any simpler than that.

How the hell can you be a moderator and not understand a simple question like that?

You have used STEP havent you?

Where is Farlo?

So far STEP 2.2.1 IS MASSIVE FAIL TBH because you dont explain other parts of the installation process, You just leave people guessing.

Also do i need Wrye bash as well as MO?

Or is this question to complicated for your also?

First you asked in the wrong thread. Secondly, most people use WB and not MO around here so please be patient. Contact Farlo or Neovalen via PM as they are both experienced with MO. Please direct them to this thread to answer your question so we can have it public for the community as well.

Moving this thread to Troubleshooting.

EDIT:

Wait a reasonable amount of time (at least 48 hours) before "bumping" your topic.

You dont understand the question?

I cant make it any simpler than that.

How the hell can you be a moderator and not understand a simple question like that?

You have used STEP havent you?

Where is Farlo?

So far STEP 2.2.1 IS MASSIVE FAIL TBH because you dont explain other parts of the installation process, You just leave people guessing.

Also do i need Wrye bash as well as MO?

Or is this question to complicated for your also?

• He's not a moderator.
  • There's no need to berate him because he wants more explanation.
  • Point out where we've failed in a calm, non-offensive manner and we'll try to fix it.  Bashing people until you get what you want != constructive criticism.
  • If you want to make a Bashed Patch (Google it) then WB will be needed, but since STEP doesn't require one at the moment we haven't put any emphasis on it and MO alone should work fine.

God how long does it take to get a simple question answered around here?

Obviously more than 2 hours, so hold your damn horses.  If you haven't noticed, everybody around here is doing this on their own free time with no compensation, so don't get all antsy about wanting an immediate response to a question that doesn't need answering (see my reply on the BSA Extraction's guide thread).  Also, don't post the same question twice, all it does is make more work for us so we can't help others in a timely manner.

First you asked in the wrong thread. Secondly, most people use WB and not MO around here so please be patient. Contact Farlo or Nevalen via PM as they are both experienced with MO. Please direct them to this thread to answer your question so we can have to public for the community as well.

I've actually been using WB recently, so I might not be the first person to contact about this.

First you asked in the wrong thread. Secondly, most people use WB and not MO around here so please be patient. Contact Farlo or Nevalen via PM as they are both experienced with MO. Please direct them to this thread to answer your question so we can have to public for the community as well.

I've actually been using WB recently, so I might not be the first person to contact about this.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Neovalen seems to be our resident expert for MO at the moment since he uses it for his guide.

Ok guys point taken.

My question still has not been answered, Its a simple question people which i will repeat.

When using MO and i select a mod to install, Some mods when installing say that

"It contains a BSA file, click yes to extract the BSA file or click no if you dont know anything about BSA files".

Thats my question and you all must have seen it pop up when installing some of the the STEP mods.

So is the answer yes or no???

I know how to use Wrye bash, Ive used it many times before, Im just asking is it needed as i always make a bash patch from good practice which can also be created using TES5EDIT.