DyndoLOD Aftermath - What have I done?

GreyMtnFox

Question

I'm not running all the STEP things, but the RTFM manual said post here when you blow everything up.  Who knew that would happen.

So, I put in the 5000 things.. papyrus, seamless billboards, scripts and everything, then ran DyndoLOD using mostly the settings in the pictures.  Got a couple of "plugins" back, put them in.  Got just a few other files in the output folder: meshes, textures and a few SKSE items.  Put them where they always go.  Ran the game and DL showed up fine in the MCM and appeared to be on.  But...

Now I have aspen trees all over falkreath, and some are airborne(on top of invisible structures).  The distant mountains which used to have some nice detail have become melted monochromatic ice cream.   The aspens become pine trees when you get close enough.  Screenshot.  Have zero ENB, just a stripped down weather mod.  Everything looked fine just before this.  

Running xLODGen in Oldrim worked great.  This has become a comical disaster!

So, what do I do now?  There must be something I left out, right?  Can I even get back to how it was?  >sigh<  And I was SO optimistic. 

~Embarrassed in Colorado

5 answers to this question

Aside from the DynDOLOD Qs, by the screen you posted, it looks way too colorful for Step, so you must have installed some other things not in the guide.

If you untick the DynDOLOD output and Occlusion mods, you should see things the way you did before running DynDOLOD.

Always run LOOT when you tick/untick mods containing plugins.

Always check that all intended plugins are ticked in the right pane of MO (presumably all of them)

Always refresh the MO mod list (F5 works) just after moving textures from xLODGen/TexGen/DynDOLOD outputs into the respective MO mods.

That looks like a trunk mesh without a texture. Use More Informative Console to discover the mesh. Open the mesh in Nifskope to discover the texture. Add the texture.

I assume something may have gone wrong in copying assets from DynDOLOD output, or one of the mods does not properly reference it's textures or the 3D statics it has are not pointing to the correct texture.

I'll remember all that.  In the end I pulled it out after too many pink buildings. 
Got a standard plugin/bsa for landscapes and objects, then loose files for trees.  Trees were too bright so I fixt them.   Case clo-zed. 
Rock on, bruh!

~GMF~

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees textures cut off mid-way

A: The tree texture atlas like Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds does not belong to the generated tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.*

A: Verify that the tree texture atlas Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds and the tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.* are the ones from the DynDOLOD output folder and from the same LOD generation process and none of the files are overwritten by other mods. 

Increase object LOD distances in the DynDOLDO SkyUI MCM settings (or in the launcher or with BethINI) so object LOD actually shows in the distance.

Always make sure the generated output overwrite everything.