Creating LODs for Covered Bridges of Skyrim

Wolfpack49

Question

Hi all, small question, but has been nifggling for a while now:

So, this is a great little mod, but the author never created any LOD objects, and recommended updating in xEdit to use Full Models in order to get the bridges to appear with Dyndolod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22605

That's because the covers initially doesn't have any lower-resolution models unless I may have to create such models for use with DyndoLOD.
The measure in the meantime would go to xEdit, find every instance of the statics and flag them as a full model.

I've set the flags on the Placed Objects to use "Visble When Distant" and "Is Full LOD"

I've set the flags on the Statics to use "Add-On LOD Object," "Has Distant LOD" and "Uses HD LOD Texture"

Still not able to get the bridges to render at distance.  Is one or more of those flag changes incorrect and/or do LOD models of the nifs actually need to be physically created?

4 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Hi all, small question, but has been nifggling for a while now:

So, this is a great little mod, but the author never created any LOD objects, and recommended updating in xEdit to use Full Models in order to get the bridges to appear with Dyndolod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22605

I've set the flags on the Placed Objects to use "Visble When Distant" and "Is Full LOD"

I've set the flags on the Statics to use "Add-On LOD Object," "Has Distant LOD" and "Uses HD LOD Texture"

Still not able to get the bridges to render at distance.  Is one or more of those flag changes incorrect and/or do LOD models of the nifs actually need to be physically created?

Randomly setting flags without understand what they are doing is not how to do these things.

One of the main features of DynDOLOD is that it does not require the complicated setup and editing of records as CK/xLODGen in order to use LOD or full models for LOD.

DynDOLOD uses meshes rules as explained in the manual. See DynDOLOD_Manual.html Custom Settings For Specific Mods as examples and DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html.

Once you checked all that out, feel free to ask specific questions how to achieve certain things for specific object if further explanations are required.