Updating SKSE

Sakiri

Question

This is probably a really stupid question, but when updating SKSE can I just drop the files into my folder and have them work, or do I need to do the other steps in the Guide as well?

I'm looking to install a mod that requires a newer version of SKSE than I have. 😞

2 answers to this question

If you follow the steps in the guide, you are essentially doing what you are describing. Just follow the detailed instructions under "Root Files Installation" to update the files in the Skyrim Special Edition folder and the instructions under the "Scripts" section to update all the scripts in the SKSE64 mod folder.

Aight. here's hoping my install doesn't break... (it's age has me concerned lol)

Oof.

NONE of my SKSE plugins loaded after I updated.

I was under the impression I didn't have to update those too? Someone on a discord server told me the address library would mean I didn't need to update everything else.. I'm gonna guess they're lying.  /sighs

Now to try fixing it.

Tracked it down to RaceMenu, but after updating I can't get the error alert in MO2 to go away. It says "run the game again" which I've done a few times, and it still won't go away.

Edited by Sakiri